The Fault In Our Stars uploaded by Yassmin B.The Fault In Our Stars uploaded by Andi G.

BY JOSH BOONE #27 in Movies

Hazel (Shailene Woodley) and Gus (Ansel Elgort) share a sarcastic sense of humor, a distaste for the conventional, and ultimately a love that sweeps them on an unforgettable journey. Although the two teens face unlikely challenges, their courage and dedication to each other prove that while life isn’t perfect, love can still be extraordinary. Laura Dern and Sam Trammell also star in this powerfully moving film based on John Green’s New York Times best-selling novel. see more...

The Fault In Our Stars
  • "I am so glad there was a movie created, it's a really great story and has many life lessons." in 1 review
Megan M.
Buffalo, NY
I love the book and the movie. The book is a little better, as they usually are, but the movie was a pretty close depiction and I was pleased with it.
For those that do not know, its about 2 teenagers who meet in a cancer therapy group. Gus, lost his leg and is in remissionand Hazel who has thyroid/lung cancer is on an experimental drug thats keeping the cancer on check - for now. They share similiarities and hang out and both seem to be falling for each other, until theres an adventure and a few scares that ultimately make them fall in love.
Its very sad, I ugly cry every single time I watch it, but its so sweet and even with the subject, they keep it lighthearted for most of it. I think the actors do a great job and they actually look cute together.
I would and have recommended to a friend.
Brooke B.
This movie is a total tear jerker that will be sure to make you shed quite a few tears. It's a great, sad love story that never seems to get old. The book is better so be sure to read that first, but trust me when I say this isn't a movie you'll want to miss.
Lisa G.
Made me laugh and cry and run to see the movie the night it came out. John Green is an amazing author and I think this is his best book. If you’re curious about the girl Hazel was based on I recommend This Star Won’t Go Out ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Nicole C.
El Dorado, AR
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
One of the sweetest movies. Loved the storyline behind the movie. Watched this in theaters when it first came out, and there wasn't a female that left with dry eyes. This movies is so sad!
Alexandria F.
Tampa, FL
I cry like a baby every time I watch this movie. It is one of my all time favorite movies. I do not think I will ever get tired of it. The soundtrack was incredible for this. The acting was amazing- so believable. The storyline was heartbreaking and beautiful all at the same time. I recommend it.
ExoticAsianGoddess L.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The Fault In Our Stars The Fault in Our Stars is the sixth novel by author John Green, published in January 2012. The title is inspired by Act 1, Scene 2 of Shakespeare's play Julius Caesar, in which the nobleman Cassius says to Brutus: "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, / But in ourselves, that we are underlings." The story is narrated by Hazel Grace Lancaster, a 16-year-old girl with cancer. Hazel is forced by her parents to attend a support group where she subsequently meets and falls in love with 17-year-old Augustus Waters, an ex-basketball player and amputee. A feature film adaptation of the novel directed by Josh Boone and starring Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort and Nat Wolffwas released on June 6, 2014.[1] Both the book and its film adaptation were met with strong critical and commercial success.
Leslie R.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
If I was to describe this movie in one word I would pick unforgettable. The reason is because of the love story and how things came to be. Nevertheless, the acting of the main protagonists was incredible. I would recommend watching this movie because it teaches you about love and loss.
Thelma M.
The fault in our stars by John Green is one of my favorite movies. I have yet to finish the book, but the movie is so great. I fell in love watching this. It teaches you a lot just reading some of the book and watching the movie. Very good acting. It is sad though i must admit so be prepared to have tissues on deck
Nora L.
Hattiesburg, MS
I watched this on a plane and would say it is okay. I like the lead actress (Shailene Woodley), and her mom (Laura Dern) are good. The lead male actor is attractive but not that special. Anyway, it's a sad but touching love story. Good for a girls' night or if you want to cry at a movie. Not Oscar-worthy.
Danielle R.
Freehold , NJ
I loved this movie from beginning to end! The acting was excellent, and the camera work was good too. I love the scene where Gus and Hazel are out to dinner in Amsterdam. I have seen this movie a million times and I have never gotten tired of it. Great movie!
Ana D.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Is the movie better than the book?
Shayna S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Been thinking of checking this out but unsure of what it is about ?
Stephanie L.
Whiteland , IN
I was wondering if the book is as good as the movie? The movie was great but was wondering how true they stayed to the story line
Massiel P.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
What's this movie about?
Sakshi d.
Have you seen this movie?