The Fault In Our Stars uploaded by Leijai H.The Fault In Our Stars uploaded by Ashley S.

BY JOSH BOONE #70 in Movies

Hazel (Shailene Woodley) and Gus (Ansel Elgort) share a sarcastic sense of humor, a distaste for the conventional, and ultimately a love that sweeps them on an unforgettable journey. Although the two teens face unlikely challenges, their courage and dedication to each other prove that while life isn't perfect, love can still be extraordinary. Laura Dern ("Little Fockers") and Sam Trammell (TV's "True Blood") also star in this powerfully moving film based on John Green's New York Times best-selling novel. Audio Commentary by Director Josh Boone & Author John Green, Promotional Featurettes: "The Cast", "The Making of 'The Fault in Our Stars'", "The Transformation", "Literature to Life", "Our Little Infinity", "The Music Behind 'Our Stars'", Gallery. Subtitles: English SDH (Subtitles for Deaf and Hearing Impaired), French and Spanish.

• Was this as good as the book?3 Answers
  • Worth watching? Am i the only one who hasn't seen it?1 Answers
Taylor F.
Springville, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I typically don’t go see the movie version of a book unless I’ve read it and I really like it, and that means it has to be really good. This movie was cute and I was super surprised when I saw that nat Wolff was in it as the blind friend(haven’t read/seen since it came out lol) nat Wolff used to be my biggest crush back in the naked brothers band days so it was nice seeing him still acting & all grown up. It’s a good movie and kind of does the book justice I guess, I just didn’t particularly like the casting choice for the main characters because whenever I read a book I have a vision of the characters and it kind of ruins it for me to see the movie version 😂😂
Nicole R.
Bowling Green, KY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This movie had me in tears from beginning to end! The actor and actress picked to play the couple were a perfect and it was extremely believable! Such a well written script and well executed film! I would recommend and am warning you before you WILL CRYY!
Cheyenne J.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is my favorite movie! I've watched it so many times that I know almost all the lines of each character! The storyline is great and it's one of the only movies that make me cry. Somewhat different than the book, but still really good.
Jessica W.
Such a good book and even better movie. A little bit of a twist at the end really makes the movie come together. The actors were very good and the music throughout the movie was good as well. Would recommend watching
Lisa G.
I loved the book so much I had to see the movie the night it came out. This movie made me cry just like the book. If you’ve read the book, I highly recommend it, and if you haven’t, I recommend you read the book first and then watch this movie!
Angel P.
Damn John Green for breaking my heart! This movie is beautiful and will draw you in so tightly that your heart will break into a million pieces at the end. Read the book, too. Amazing.
ExoticAsianGoddess L.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The Fault In Our Stars The Fault in Our Stars is the sixth novel by author John Green, published in January 2012. The title is inspired by Act 1, Scene 2 of Shakespeare's play Julius Caesar, in which the nobleman Cassius says to Brutus: "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, / But in ourselves, that we are underlings." The story is narrated by Hazel Grace Lancaster, a 16-year-old girl with cancer. Hazel is forced by her parents to attend a support group where she subsequently meets and falls in love with 17-year-old Augustus Waters, an ex-basketball player and amputee. A feature film adaptation of the novel directed by Josh Boone and starring Shailene Woodley, Ansel Elgort and Nat Wolffwas released on June 6, 2014.[1] Both the book and its film adaptation were met with strong critical and commercial success.
Brittany Y.
For a rating, I would definitely give this five stars. If you haven't seen it, I would highly recommend it. It's a beautiful story about two kids having cancer, and not letting it stop them from living and believing. This is a movie that makes realization hit; don't let anything stop from what you want to achieve.
Alicia B.
Leitchfield, KY
I love love love this movie. OMG. Best movie ever. I love all the actors has a awesome story line. And it's just a allover great movie! So get your pop corn and a blanket and watch this you guys.
estephanie l.
such a sad, romantic movie! love this move so much. I watch it everytime I go over to my grandmas house! my favorite scene is when they go on vacation together. the actors are really good at there part.
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Was this as good as the book?
Rhiannon V.
Albuquerque, NM
Worth watching? Am i the only one who hasn't seen it?