BY JOHN GREEN #5 in Books

The Fault in Our Stars
  • "I recommend everyone to read this book, very very well written storyline pulls you and makes you want to keep readingtouching story" in 84 reviews
  • "Probably the BEST book I could have ever read, its so good i could read it 2 times and im not a two time reader or watcher either." in 76 reviews
  • "It doesn't matter if you're male or female or how old you are (or if you think "young-adult" books aren't for you, this is a must read. " in 65 reviews
  • "Definitely a tear jerker 8 ( they get you to fall in love with the characters then throw you curveballs you didn't even see coming " in 60 reviews
  • "This are the best books, those you can totally get lost in and when they end you find yourself lost in your own sea of thoughts and feelings, trying to understate the effect a simple compilations of ink, paper and words." in 50 reviews
Makenzie F.
Francesville, IN
My favorite book/movie of all time. If you've never read or seen it you need to! Is a sad book with a love story its about a girl named hazel she has cancer she goes to support groups with a boy named agustus they meet and become friend agustus always wanted to be more than friends. They were getting closer and closer and agustus also had cancer and when you young and have cancer you ask for one wish and they give it to you well hazel though she wasn't gonna make it when she was young so she used her wish on Disney Land when she was about 10 years old. But agustus hasn't used his yet. Hazel was I love with a writer and always wanted to meet him. So agustus uses his dying wish to take hazel to Amsterdam to meet him. But the author she was to meet was so rude but they still had an amazing time but when they got back home things went a little down hill I can't tell you the whole story or it will turn it but best book/ movie I have ever seen/read. You should check it out!
Jay 💖.
Really down to earth,relateable book that certainly knows how to break a heart! The characters were super relatable and the sweet moments were super sweet. On the flipside,the sad moments were immensely heartbreaking. But it really helps to show some sides of cancer that don't always get shown,and there's a lot of bonding with the characters that really drew me in! I've read this book a few times over,and I still love it. I'd just recommend having some tissues at hand,or cuddling someone or something as you near the end of the book.
Daliangelys S.
Doral, FL
I highly recommend this book, I love John Green, seriously all his books are amazing, this is a beautiful book where you fall madly in love with the protagonist and you cry like crazy, despite knowing what was happening before reading it, I could not help but cry Too much when I read it, it's a book and its sentences are just as beautiful, "pain demands to be felt", "you gave me a forever in a few days".
Hanna V.
Omaha, NE
Not my favorite John Green book, but seems to be well loved by most. I remember reading this one and crying throughout the whole thing. Its definitely a sad, but beautiful story. The movie is pretty spot on as well. If you're looking for a good young-adult romcom (sorta?) then this is the book for you, but have you tissues ready because this is a 5 alarm snot bomb.
Erin M.
Butler, NJ
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This book made me cry so much. John Green is a fantastic writer in that each of his books and characters are so unique that you feel like they could be actual people and get to know them throughout the story. Following Augustus and Hazel as they deal with terrible loss and wonderful love is really an emotional journey with laugher and tears.
Amanda g.
West Newton, PA
One of my all time favorites. It mixes humor and pain in a way that captivates the reader. I finished it all in one sitting, I could not put the book down! Not to mention, John Green does so much for his fan base. He's one of the best authors I have read and followed on social media! I recommend this to everyone.
Tichina A.
Hoover, AL
If you want to read a good book and cry while doing it, this is the perfect book for you! While this book is pretty emotional, it is still a great read. The characters are easy to like and the story gives you a change where the antagonist isn’t an actual person but rather a sickness.
Victoria M.
Jacksonville, AR
This book is so sad and so touching. John Green nails the aspect and spent a lot of time studying to make this book as true as possible. In the book a girl with cancer and depression (side effect of dying she says) goes to a help group with other cancer patients. There she falls in love with a boy, Augustus Waters, to learn the true happiness in life and to enjoy the time she has on this earth. They go through many trials to find out that they both have terminal cancer and will die soon. They spend moments being there for each other. I really loved this book .
Blythe H.
I was gifted this by a friend and there was enough buzz surrounding it that I thought it might be worth checking out.

Maybe I'm cynical and maybe it's because I'm in the mid-thirties, but this was just painful to read and not in the emotional sense.  I might recommend this for 10-12 year olds, but this is heavy on the melodrama and the dialogue is something out of a George Lucas script.  I was cringing constantly.  Discerning readers will find even the tender moments obnoxious.  Hard pass.
bri h.
Greenville, NC
this is an amazing book where love brings two people together despite their troubles of dealing with cancer. the characters learn how to live life to the fullest and find the meaning of life without limitations. truly a well written book. would recommend.
Maria V.
Out of all of John Green's books which is your favorite?
Lydia S.
Bargersville, IN
Do you guys like the book or the movie better?
Alyssa Y.
Is this book going to make me bawl like a baby like the movie did?
Caitlynn G.
Hickory, NC
So I'm not sure if I should read this book or not... I've heard mixed reviews. Anyone know if its honestly worth the read?
Natalie A.
Covington, GA
Who else cried while reading the book?