The Evil Dead uploaded by Adele D.

BY NONE

In the summer of 1979, a group of Detroit friends with $375,000 raised from local investors headed for a cabin outside of Morristown, Tennessee to make a film about five college students possessed by an ancient Book of the Dead. The filmmakers' goal was to create the ultimate experience in grueling terror, a movie so relentless that it would stand forever as a landmark in modern horror history. When it was released in 1982, it was immediately recognized worldwide as one of the most ferociously original films ever made. Audio Commentary. Subtitles: English SDH (Subtitles for Deaf and Hearing Impaired) and Spanish.

Mayra V.
I hope everyone has seen this movie at least once, it's a cult classic! Bruce Campbell as Ash is a classic and memorable character, the film just becomes one you have to watch over and over because it's so good!
Cassandra Z.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
My all time favorite movie, horror or otherwise. Can't say I was a fan of the remake. HOWEVER, if you've seen the remake and liked it, but haven't seen the original, do yourself a favor and get on it. You won't be disappointed.
Annette L.
South Gate, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This movie is a cult classic horror film, one of Sam Raimi best! It is scary and has some funny moments. If you love scary movies then this one is for you. Not for kids!
Grace A.
This movie was very one surprising. But the suspense was very intense and the possession was out of this world. The best part was when she killed the demon, it was joyful that she finally survived. I won't watch again because I have watched more than two time already.
Jen Y.
I recently watched this movie and I loved it. Definitely a bit cheesy and dated but still really good. Love the makeup and special effects- very gory for the time. I enjoyed the remake as well- it was one of the goriest movies I've seen. Would recommend both.
sarah n.
Thunder Bay, Ontario
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
One of my all time favorite movies!! Definitely a must match, classic horror.
Miranda L.