6 colors available

BY THE ESTÉE EDIT BY ESTÉE LAUDER

What it is:

The perfect nude. A lipstick / lip balm hybrid with Muru Muru Butter and real flower petal waxes for a baby-soft nude pout.

What it does:

What’s sexier than nude? Lip color that cushions your lips with hydrating Muru Muru butter and real flower petal waxes from Rose, Jasmine and Lavender that melt into your lips. Deliciously light and creamy. Soft sheen finish with a hint of rose scent. Apply a little for sheer coverage, or layer for a full-on nude scene.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:

- Parabens

- Soy

What else you need to know:

- Perfectly shade matched with The Estée Edit The Barest Lip Liner. The collection is inspired by concealer shades, in six levels for your perfect nude pout.

- For contoured effects, pair with a The Estée Edit The Barest Lip Liner one shade darker than your perfect nude lipstick. For highlighting or to add fullness to the lip, choose a liner one shade lighter than your perfect nude lipstick.

- Amp up your attitude from bare to edgy by pairing with an intense eye look.

How to use

- Apply directly to lips or use a clean lip brush.

- Perfect to apply at any time for soft nude lips.

• I really want to try this product..Does this feel more like a chaps...12 Answers
  • Is this long lasting? It looks beautiful however I am not sure it l...2 Answers
  • How pigmented and longwearing are these? Fav shades? Satin or matte...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Ronda C.
Ronda C.
Winston Salem, NC
Matte-style lipsticks have their place, and the back-in-style glossy lipsticks have branched into daytime wear (because we're not all mid-week disco divas). But the nude lip is what we all hope for when we pile on colorless lip balms. They make lips feel great, but there's no lip definition. Barest Lip Color to the rescue.
The name had me worried. I like a little color. And that's just what this lipstick delivers. Yes, this is lipstick you can apply without a mirror. The outstanding characteristic of this lipstick is the variable shades of nude, six to be specific.
I grabbed two at Sephora, Nude Scene and Exposed. The PG-rated titles give a hint of what's in the tube. These natural shades were like satin sheets for my lips. I love how drenched in moisture my lips felt, yet the appearance wasn't "greasy" or "slippery." I wear Nude Scene for daytime and Exposed for evening, but I change things up depending on the occasion. Kisses!
Flor B.
Flor B.
Vacaville, CA
This is a really great, long-wearing lipstick. At first when I watched it on the back of my hand it looked very sheer and I didn't think I would like it because I prefer opaque lipsticks but with one swipe on the lips you get full color! This has a bit of a shine to it but as the day goes on it dries more matte without fully going matte. I can eat chips and drink water and the lipstick will still be there. It's also very very comfortable on the lips, it almost feels like you're wearing a nice chapstick. I have really dry and cracked lips so this was perfect for me. The packaging is great as well, it's pretty heavy for a lipstick and it's a pure metal container with cute white paint on the top. I have the shade "In the Buff". I received this product complimentary from The Estee Edit but after trying this lipstick I definitely want to purchase more shades!
Ursula R.
Ursula R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got married in June and was very picky about finding a lipstick for my special day. When I saw the Estée Edit collection at Sephora I figured I'd swatch a few colors that caught my eye. I was so taken back by the color 02 In The Flesh. It was absolutely beautiful. I also liked the way the product felt on my skin. I decided that day that this would be my lipstick for my wedding day. It was a great choice. The pigmentation was perfect, it applied wonderfully and also kept my lips moisturized. I couldn't have chosen a more elegant lipstick for my special day. I love this product and every time I use it I think about my wedding day. I would definitely recommend this lipstick (especially in the shade I got) to anyone who wants beautiful natural looking lips either for everyday or special occasions.

#EstéeEditContest
Aly S.
Aly S.
This lipstick is a very sheer and lightweight formula. It goes on smoothly and is very buttery. It is moisturizing, so great for summer. While it is a sheer lipstick, the color is buildable and can be made opaque.

The Barest Lip Color is not a long lasting lipstick. It is a creamy formula so it obviously doesn't stay in place all day. It does wear off very nicely though and does not stain the lips.

I received The Estée Edit The Barest Lip Color in the shade 06 Nude Scene in my Influenster VoxBox. It is a deep burnt red pigment/reddish brown. The color is a nice change up for summer and will be perfect for fall.

The only drawback of this lipstick for me is the scent. It has a pretty heavy floral scent, which I don't love. It doesn't smell bad, I just don't like floral scents in my makeup and skincare.
Anna H.
Anna H.
Kansas City, KS
Beauty Junkie Expert
The shade I received is very close to my natural lip color, but it is still dark enough to add some natural looking color to my lips with my tan/brown skin. It does not last long and usually wears off but it is easy to reapply. It is very hydrating which my skin desperately needs in the summertime. It feels like a balmy kind of moisturizing lipstick. The pigmentation is just amazing because it applies very evenly. I like that it leaves a nice stain on your lips after it wears away. To be honest, I wasn’t expecting too much and this product just completely blew me away. The color is a perfect wine shade for day wear all through fall and winter. It is still in its signature Estee Lauder lipstick packaging/case which is super luxurious, doesn’t fall open, and has a beautiful spray of white on the cap.
jessica b.
jessica b.
Beauty Junkie Expert
So I got this lip stick in my Estee edit voxbox in the color "in the buff" and i can honestly say it is one of my favorite lip stick now. I wasn't familiar with the Estee edit brand before I received my box, but when I did some research on it and found out that Kendall jenner was a rep of the brand I could totally understand why "in the buff" was a color in the Estee edit line. The Kardashians are known for wearing a mauve-ish/ brown-ish color for their lips and this is exactly the color I received. Also, it's really well formulated for nurishing your lips as its almost a lip balm/ lip stick mix. It goes on sheer, but it is buildable for a darker color. Long story short, I would definitely recommend this brand. (Also check out their pore vanishing stick!!)
Jamie G.
Jamie G.
I received this lipstick in "nude scene" and it's a great dark red-brown...however, I wouldn't call it the "barest" lip color and I absolutely wouldn't call it nude. It is straight dark brown/red, definitely not an every day shade. It's a little shiny for my liking but I do love the color, so I might mix it with a lighter color or wear it out at night. The first word that comes to mind when I put this shade on is "vampy," so if that's a look you're going for, this is def for you!

Other than the color, I do really like the way it feels. It's not as greasy as some of my other lipsticks, and it's really light on my lips. It's definitely not transfer proof, but it's a great color to wear out to the bar. I think any skin tone could pull this one off on the right occasion!
Gabrielle R.
Gabrielle R.
Cambridge, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm a lipstick junkie and stay true to matte lips.

My first impression of this lip bullet was that it's not necessarily a true nude for my skin tone. I would say that it is more of a darker brown nude. With that being said, the color is highly pigmented and very flattering even though it is a little darker than I anticipated.

The formula is ultra creamy. It's very moisturizing. It's a welcomed change from my matte lips.

I gave it 3 stars because it's not truly opaque. It's more sheer on my lips and a bit streaky. If you're into the more sheer look apply only one layer. If you're into a true opaque lip you will have to apply another layer. I would also recommend blotting instead of running your lips together. I found that it moved the color.
FARAH A.
FARAH A.
Old Bridge, NJ

Pleasantly surprised by what appeared like a heavy dark brown. The formula is actually fairly sheer, which makes it both easy to apply on-the-go, and great for day or night wear. I got 05 In the Buff which definitely becomes a your lips but better color -- smooths over imperfections and evens the tone. Glad to find a neutral that doesn't give a heavy, make up look. Formula is nice, goes on smooth, feels nice on the lips. Lasting power isn't anything special, but it is more like a balm than a proper lipstick -- easy to reapply every couple hours or after eating. Packaging could be a little nicer. Not a fan of the fluted metal and odd spray paint motif. Metal is thin and feels cheap to me. Product is solid.
Christine N.
Christine N.
Andover, NJ
The perfect nude shade for anybody, no matter if you're black or white. It's wonderful. Nice Sheer Color, and very moisturizing.
I loved the packaging because 1, I knew I'd never have to worry about losing the cap and getting makeup everywhere or messing up the stick, because it is so sturdy and rigid. The lipstick is nothing cheap and I immediately fell in love with consistency, creaminess, moisture and color of course ! I didn't even realize they had more than one shade but seriously, it's the perfect nude for everyone. I think any of these shades would be perfect on anybody, because a great nude is a great nude no matter what! I love this lipstick! Go Estee! @ChristineALaMode
Lindsay P.
Lindsay P.
Chesapeake, VA
I really want to try this product..Does this feel more like a chapstick.lip balm or lipstick?
Courtney J.
Courtney J.
Does this go on smoothly?
Emily D.
Emily D.
Louisville, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I rechecked in the buff oh my box, what other colors did everyone receive?
Laura M.
Laura M.
Palmdale, CA
Where can I purchase these?
Emma C.
Emma C.
Southaven, MS
Love this color. How is the wearing time?