BY THE ESTÉE EDIT BY ESTÉE LAUDER #96 in Eyeshadow

What it is:

A stacked pack of two shadows, a high-impact matte creme shadow and a loose metallic powder. Each can be worn alone or layered for a strong metal eye.

What it does:

Get stacked–with these stacked duos, that is. A highly pigmented matte creme shadow in the top pot gives amazing color. This creme acts as the perfect base for any intense smoky eye. For a more subtle, yet edgy look, use the creme as an eyeliner. The loose foil powder in the bottom pot can be layered over the creme for an eye-catching heavy metal finish or used alone for a sheer wash of shimmer. Buildable for more intensity.

Designed in three shade duos:

- Black Star: On top, an intense black matte creme shadow. In bottom, a sheer silver sparkle loose shadow that can be built-up for more intensity. Layer together for a gunmetal effect.

- Aquanova: On top, a deep green / teal matte creme shadow. In bottom, a shimmering teal loose powder. Layer together for a multi-faceted peacock effect.

- Scarlet Eclipse: On top, a maroon/burgundy matte creme shadow. In bottom a sheer rose gold sparkle loose powder. Layer together for a glittering sunset effect.

Create your own beauty attitude by using these alone, layered or combining colors from different pots for a multi-color effect.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:

- Parabens

What else you need to know:

- For dimension and glow: (1) Blend and work creme into a matte finish onto the lid using finger or brush. (2) Add dimension with foil powder applied in a vertical line from lashline to center of the eyelid. Blend edges with a brush.

- For maximum metallic effect: (1) Apply cream concentrate to lid using fingertip or brush. (2) Use a damp eyeshadow blending brush to apply metallic powder all over lid.

- Amp up your smoky eye by lining your waterline with the Estée Edit The Edgiest Kohl Shadowstick. Use the deeper shades for your edgiest attitude – Black Viper (matte jet black), Royal Scandal (matte royal blue) or Grounded (pearlized chestnut brown).

• #EsteeEditContest I would love to know if anyone... Be the first to answer!
  • Is there a primer out there that has the power to keep this from ...2 Answers
  • I have this shadow and always I apply the creme first, then the p...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Meredith S.
Berkley, MI
Beauty Junkie Expert
Quick Take: blends easily, highly pigmented, not super glittery, beautiful color shades

I tested this product out a couple of different ways. The first time, I used just the powder to see how it was to work with and to see how long it lasted. Well, it did not last very long on its own. Yes, I realize you are to use them both together, but I wanted to test in different ways. It wore off within a few hours and it creased. I did not use any eyelid primer under (disclosure). The next time, I tried it with the cream. While the cream is not very pigmented, it does create a nice base to apply the glitter powder onto. It's been about 4 hours and I've noticed some creasing. Again, I did not use an primer on my lids so I could get the full effect. I really like the color I got - Solar Blast. I think it's a beautiful color and can be used for both day and night.

To apply the cream, I used a small synthetic brush and a natural hair brush to apply the loose shadow. I also used a large blending brush to add a tiny bit of transition color between the cream and my crease so it looked nice and blended. It really did blend out quite easily and was very easy to work with. Of course, because the powder is loose, you will have a bit of fallout. I, surprisingly, didn't have as much as I would have expected. The glitter shadow isn't 70's style disco glitter. It's a finely milled glitter that everybody can wear and it doesn't bother my eyes as the day goes on.

I will try it again with an eye primer to see if I can get longer lasting results. I honestly do like the product, it just doesn't have the long last results as I had hoped. But I will continue playing around to see what kind of concoction works best for me and the product. I really love the Wild Cosmos color as well and that would be a fun color to play with!

I received this product complimentary courtesy of Estee Edit and Influenster for testing purposes.
Aerial P.
Lynn Haven, FL
Beauty Junkie Expert
First off, this is the O•N•L•Y blue eye pigment I have in my entire eye shadow collection. It smudges really nicely with black to create a smokey eye look. Again, one of the key words being SMUDGES. I combined the creme with Urban Decay eyeshadow primer to get a more secure wear out of it. Then I dabbed the gorgeous, bursting metallishadow powder along the top of my lid in place of eyeliner. [This look is easy to pull off when paired with the Estee Edit Eye Kajal.] The shape of my eyes causes the outer corners to tear up often and I found that even pairing the creme with my favorite primer didn't prevent it from smudging. The color is very deep and pigmented and I look forward to trying the bronze combinations in the Estee Edit shadow line. Each color all I add to my collection will be for short term wear or for accenting other shadow combos.

Ecstatic to say I received this product courtesy of #TheEsteeEdit and #Influenster in my very first #VoxBox for testing purposes.
Carissa F.
Beauty Junkie Expert

I really hope I get picked to try out the Estee Edit VoxBox! The Metallishadow will by far be my favorite product! So versitile!! You can take this product on the go to create day and evening looks! Keep it matte for day looks or add the loose shimmer powder to amp it up! I love the mirror attached inside for easy on the go application! The matte cream shadow is highly pigmented and can be applied lightly or heavier to change the look from day to night. The loose powder is metallic and can take any day look into an eye catching, stunning look. It's amazing all the looks you can get with one product. The powder also has a sifter which is great for controlling how much product comes out. You can also use the lid to tap the powder out so it doesn't get wasted. The shimmer powder twists back onto the matte shade and the matte shade snaps shut which keeps the product safe and contained. Metallishadow is such a cute name for the product!!!!
Brindley F.
Atlanta, GA
The purple shade, Cyberella, is what smoldering "come hither" looks are made of. I like incorporating color into my looks without being bright and neon. More like just a hint, and I really dig this combo for that.

You can't really use the loose powder on it's own. It'll look pretty and smoked out for 10 minutes and then disappear into makeup heaven. I haven't tried it yet but I bet if you used it on glitter glue it would look stellar if you didn't want the darker creme shade as a base.

I really love the versatility of being able to use the cream as as a gel liner or smudge it out on your lower lash line or dab it on your lid and use as a crease base for glitter magic.

Why would you buy Tom Ford creme & powder eye when this is a fraction of the price and just as good!
Kokky T.
Sprngfld Gdns, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
Tom Ford Creme shadows move over, I'm thrilled at the product because the creamy eyeshadow is so pigmented and blends easily, it doesn't give you that weird tacky feeling that a majority of Creme shadows give you. Use it for a smoldering sexy look or just a quick sweep for that trending effortless make up look.

The loose eyeshadow gives you a lot of versatility and amazing payoff, super blend able I would say get creative and mix it with gloss and use it for a cat eye or a high end fashion look. I wouldn't use it alone as it is meant to be layered ontop of the Creme shadow.

Splendid combination, I would advise that you get your hands on this you will love it and it will get your creative juices flowing
Kelsey S.
Carrollton, TX
This is 100% one of my new favorite shadows! I received it complimentary in a Vox Box a couple of months ago, and fell in love. I received the purple color which was not ideal for me, but I like that it pushed me to try out something different that my norm. This shadow duo is extremely pigmented, so you don't have to use too much at once and it lasts a long time. I notice that even when I don't use an eyeshadow primer that this shadow still lasts me all day. I always apply the creme then the powder, so I have yet to try them separately. I'm so glad I got to try this out, and I will definitely be purchasing it in the future in a more day-to-day appropriate color!
Juliet B.
Arlington, MA
I bought myself this in Aquanova right after the launch. I have gray eyes and I've been trying to play them up with some real blue tones. This stuff is amazing! And, even more importantly, fool proof! There's so many ways to use it - dabbing the best cream shadow I've ever used on the lid or the shadow alone; combining them for killer ombré color. But my favorite thing now is to use the shadow only on my lid and line and blend out the cream under my eyes with a liner brush, then patting the shadow starting from the inter corner out a third of the way. It's so modern looking, with the lower liner emphasized. Can't wait to get more colors!
Maria V.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I received this product complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes!!.I absolutely love this eye shadow! I got cuberella. It popped beautifully with my blue green eyes! I found it to be half pinky half purple. I put down some makeup forever concealer, Smashbox eye shadow primer, then applied the solid color/glitter feathered out! I really loved the effect!!! Truly bright and poppy! I hope they come out with more colors! I received this product for free for review from @influenster & @theesteeedit. I'm keeping this eye shadow and looking out for the restock!! This stuff doesn't budge. Give it a go!!! <3
Krystle L.
Sacramento, CA
This is a fantastic little product. The pigment in the sifter is beautiful and catches the light in such a lovely way. i enjoyed trying it out both wet and dry, as well as over the cream it comes with. The cream product can go on patchy since it's very hard pressed into its container, but it can be easily blended out with a brush. I haven't tried it with my fingers since I prefer a sheerer base under my pigmented powders.
the packaging reminds me a lot of tom ford's holiday cream/powder products, luxurious and easy to use, and keeps creams and powders separated to avoid contamination, which is nice.
Cady G.
Phoenix, AZ
This color (Scarlet/Eclipse) is gorgeous! The cream shadow is super pigmented, and can be used as a liner as well as a shadow. It drys well, so unlike some cream shadows, you don't feel like you have lip gloss on your eyelids all day. With the metallic powder on top of it, the color really softens and the effect is stunning. I was surprised how much I liked this feature, but the little mirror on the lid of the cream is surprising useful for applying makeup away from your usual space. Its the perfect size for holding in one hand and apply with the other, something that is much harder than it sounds.
Nicole C.
Martinsburg, WV
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this eyeshadow long wearing? Also is it glittery? If so is it chunky glitter or very fine shimmer? Also how does it last in the heat considering it's summertime. #esteeeditcontest
Megan Y.
Edgewood, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
How well do these stay put? I always get nervous about loose powder eyeshadows as they tend to end up under my eyes. #EsteeEditContest
memory l.
Minneapolis, MN
Beauty Junkie Expert
#esteeeditcontest I would like to know how long the creme lasts on the eye throughout the day? I have really oily lids and even well primed shadow looks start to crease mid day.
Paola R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love creme eyeshadow, does it work well and blend perfect?
Toni J.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this long lasting? Does it crease? How much are these in store? #esteeeditcontest