BY THE ESTÉE EDIT BY ESTÉE LAUDER #75 in Eyeshadow

What it is:

A stacked pack of two shadows, a high-impact matte creme shadow and a loose metallic powder. Each can be worn alone or layered for a strong metal eye.

What it does:

Get stacked–with these stacked duos, that is. A highly pigmented matte creme shadow in the top pot gives amazing color. This creme acts as the perfect base for any intense smoky eye. For a more subtle, yet edgy look, use the creme as an eyeliner. The loose foil powder in the bottom pot can be layered over the creme for an eye-catching heavy metal finish or used alone for a sheer wash of shimmer. Buildable for more intensity.

Designed in three shade duos:

- Black Star: On top, an intense black matte creme shadow. In bottom, a sheer silver sparkle loose shadow that can be built-up for more intensity. Layer together for a gunmetal effect.

- Aquanova: On top, a deep green / teal matte creme shadow. In bottom, a shimmering teal loose powder. Layer together for a multi-faceted peacock effect.

- Scarlet Eclipse: On top, a maroon/burgundy matte creme shadow. In bottom a sheer rose gold sparkle loose powder. Layer together for a glittering sunset effect.

Create your own beauty attitude by using these alone, layered or combining colors from different pots for a multi-color effect.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:

- Parabens

What else you need to know:

- For dimension and glow: (1) Blend and work creme into a matte finish onto the lid using finger or brush. (2) Add dimension with foil powder applied in a vertical line from lashline to center of the eyelid. Blend edges with a brush.

- For maximum metallic effect: (1) Apply cream concentrate to lid using fingertip or brush. (2) Use a damp eyeshadow blending brush to apply metallic powder all over lid.

- Amp up your smoky eye by lining your waterline with the Estée Edit The Edgiest Kohl Shadowstick. Use the deeper shades for your edgiest attitude – Black Viper (matte jet black), Royal Scandal (matte royal blue) or Grounded (pearlized chestnut brown).

Buy on Sephora
  • "I love how these shadows give you a seamless smokey- totally one and done :) don't forget the foil powder to add that dimension and set the creamy non-drying cream pigment. " in 189 reviews
  • "INCREDIBLE! I recently discovered these metalized creme + pigments at Sephora & fell in love instantly. I haven't quite seen a product like this. Some of the cremes are a bit harder to blend than others, but you can easily build up the pigmentation. The glitter will take your eye look to another level! Try these out if you're a fan of glitter and color! Or if you just want all eyes to be on you ;)" in 77 reviews
  • "This color (Scarlet/Eclipse) is gorgeous! The cream shadow is super pigmented, and can be used as a liner as well as a shadow. It drys well, so unlike some cream shadows, you don't feel like you have lip gloss on your eyelids all day. With the metallic powder on top of it, the color really softens and the effect is stunning. I was surprised how much I liked this feature, but the little mirror on the lid of the cream is surprising useful for applying makeup away from your usual space. Its the perfect size for holding in one hand and apply with the other, something that is much harder than it sounds. " in 72 reviews
  • "I love this product I bought the shade Cyberella and it amazing! Its long lasting and extremely pigmented, packaging is amazing it comes with a small mirror. It had a matte base and a loose pigment powder that can be used alone or combined. The matte base is so pigmented and when you add the loose pigment on top it looks beautiful. Id definitely recommend it you can take a day look and instantly transform into a night look." in 35 reviews
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
This is not a unique concept but it is unique that everything you would need to do a powder on top of a creme shadow is all neatly in one place already color coordinated and this may have opened this concept up to those still new to make up or who are just younger and less experienced.
I love this little duo. I really wanted to try the To Ford Version but honestly at that price for basically two eyeshadows I just couldn't do it.
Then these Metallishadows came on sale at Sephora. I missed the red color I wanted as it was already sold out but I did get my second choice. Just in time too as only the black was available last time I checked a month or so ago.
And even at full price these aren't going to break the bank if you're able to purchase high end makeup anyway.
The packaging is very cute and unique with a modern look and design. It's also functional and sturdy so despite it being the dreaded twist top that can be a nightmare for us all while traveling I would actually feel comfortable traveling with this as it has some weight on the cap so I don't think it would just unravel.
These are going to be great for fall and winter. In the summertime they were definitely too heavy and couldn't last with my oily skin and the humid Kentucky heat. They would just end up bleeding and I would look like I had a black eye. But at night or in colder weather these are absolutely gorgeous. The powder sets them well and gives a nice eyeshadow with depth of color kind of duo chrome type look to it while also having the smokey eye look of a darker cream.
You can wear each alone or one on top of the other although it's meant for the powder to be on top of the cream. The opposite way won't give you much effect.
I do recommend a primer and adding the cream with your finger initially and blending out the excess and the edges to subdue the harsh lines for a more ethereal smokey effect. Then adding the powder slowly packing it on and lightly blending the edges inwards toward the middle as not to get a ton of glitter fall out of shimmer in the crease or brow bone area. Then adding the cream or the powder to the bottom lash line and youve got a gorgeous, sexy and seductive look that looks like you put a ton of effort into color coordination and application when it really took all of 5 to 8 minutes to get both eyes done.
I think everyone should own one of these either from Tom Ford, Surrat or Estee Edit or any other brand that may carry something like this but as I said you can do it on your own it's just cheaper buying the set than two separate high end shadows one cream and one powder and trying to coordinate them. This just basically gives convenience and the coordination from a style professional who was paid to coordinate these exact colors with each other.
They can bleed and fade if worn with a lot of cream or cream on it's own so that's why I'm taking a star away. It probably won't work for really oily lids. But no matter your skin type i would suggest a primer and setting spray with these.
They are pigmented, soft, easy to blend and not at all patchy during application.
I would definitely recommend. Enjoy!
Pictures I posted: the three swatches are of the cream and the powder alone and then together all blended out. The two swatches are each of the shadows finger swatched not blended.
Purchase at sephora or your risking buying an unsafe fake that's not at all similar in quality, color or product.
Natalie B.
I received this in a vox box complimentary of Influenster and I was really excited about this product. 2-in-1 products are always the best & you can never go wrong with them. But the shadow I received was the burgundy and the gold glitter (can't think of the name at the moment). But the cream shadow is beautiful. You could not only use it as a shadow but a lip tint as well. Even though it is a dark color, I find that you either have to wet a brush or build it up quite a bit. Same goes for the glitter but the glitter is a must have, it is stunning on the eyes & that gold glitter you can use with just about everything!
Estefany R.
Although I rarely used this shawdow duo, the times I did use it I did like how the colors looked on me. The creme shawdow applies beautifully on my kids. However I recommend priming beforehand so that the shadow could glide and apply effortlessly on the lid. I’m not a fond of glitter eye shawdow but I had to try the duo and it looked perfect with the creme shawdow!
AMANDA R.
Paterson, NJ
I liked the look of this product but then I realized that it wasn’t that great on me and made me look really weird so it didn’t work for me but I’m sure it might work for you. I didn’t like that it was messy but was packaged very nicely. Try it and see if it works for you because what didn’t work for me might work for you.
Rachel H.
Philadelphia, PA
I am not super adventurous with makeup but I did receive this product through Influenster to test out and so I gave it try.  Now when I am looking for a little extra drama I use this product.  It is convenient since the cream and shimmer come together.  They are packaged nicely so there is no mess.  The cream eye shadow I received is a wine red color.  You can use your fingers to apply as little or as much as you want.  Then the shimmer is a golden color which you can again use your finger or a brush to apply over the cream.  Applied on top of each other they give a very dramatic effect.
Taryn G.
This was definitely a strange product. I got it for free from Influenster and used it for the first month I got it. I think I tossed it after a little while because I never used it. The application was weird, the color was weird (I got teal??) and the cream didn’t let the glitter stick well. No thanks.
Kat A.
Lakewood, CO
Always look flawless. My face will last all day, all night long. No matter what type of hell I can put my body though. It doesn’t matter the weather, if I’m in the sun all day long, going to the gym, or wearing my fave for 22 hours a day. It look like I just put my makeup on. Well work the buy.
Gretchen R.
needham, in
I'm not much for a super metallic eye look but this even had me interested. It's a fun addition to your typical make up routine, perfect and can easily build up coverage to create more drama to your eye look. It just depends on what kind of look you are going for.
Nicole A.
Las Vegas, NV
I must say this line was quite intriguing, Estee Lauder makes some great products that are good for what I would call your comfort zone, always great quality and I rarely ever get a dud or a product that doesn't work from Estee Lauder. When I first saw the campaign for Estee edit I was quite excited, I love more versatile products more color, different textures, pigments, metallics, Etc. The first thing I tried from the brand was the original eyeshadow palette that launched shortly after the campaign was released. I did not care for that too much and ended up returning it! However as Estee edit began to grow and add more products these metallic Shadow + Cream Shadows really caught my eye. I believe the original selling price for these were around $24 each. I feel this is an exceptional value because you're actually getting two eye products in one! The one that attracted me the most was Scarlett Eclipse, I am obsessed with anything red or burgundy that goes on the eye so I decided to order this from Sephora. The product absolutely blew me away the cream shadow part is so pigmented applies beautifully and does not crease. When you layer the pigment on top it gives you a whole nother look!! Upon receiving so many compliments I went ahead and ordered six more shades. I honestly love them all and utilize them to their fullest extent, every cream shadow is quite unique and works well with many other kinds of Shadow formulas not just the metallic pigment included. The same goes for the loose pigment you can wear it alone mix it with Inglot duraline for a very wet look, or apply it over the top of other eyeshadows. Whatever way you wear these you will get a number of endless looks. I'm sad because I believe the line is being discontinued, which in my opinion stinks because this line is absolutely fabulous. I'm glad I was able to get seven of these in total before they are gone forever!!😔😔😎😎
AC S.
Brooklyn, NY
This two in one set is great for an on the go look. The shadow in a nice dark color which I use for a Smokey eye or as a liner & the under loose shimmer color is great for a little something extra or as an on the go highlighter!
Nicole C.
Martinsburg, WV
Is this eyeshadow long wearing? Also is it glittery? If so is it chunky glitter or very fine shimmer? Also how does it last in the heat considering it's summertime. #esteeeditcontest
Megan Y.
How well do these stay put? I always get nervous about loose powder eyeshadows as they tend to end up under my eyes. #EsteeEditContest
memory l.
Minneapolis, MN
#esteeeditcontest I would like to know how long the creme lasts on the eye throughout the day? I have really oily lids and even well primed shadow looks start to crease mid day.
Paola Isabel R.
I love creme eyeshadow, does it work well and blend perfect?
Sammie R.
#EsteeEditContest My Question, How would one apply this product? (Brush, finger, e.t.c.) and if you put the powder over the Creme shadow, does it change the shade of the Creme shadow?