BY THE ESTÉE EDIT BY ESTÉE LAUDER #51 in Eyeshadow

What it is:

A stacked pack of two shadows, a high-impact matte creme shadow and a loose metallic powder. Each can be worn alone or layered for a strong metal eye.

What it does:

Get stacked–with these stacked duos, that is. A highly pigmented matte creme shadow in the top pot gives amazing color. This creme acts as the perfect base for any intense smoky eye. For a more subtle, yet edgy look, use the creme as an eyeliner. The loose foil powder in the bottom pot can be layered over the creme for an eye-catching heavy metal finish or used alone for a sheer wash of shimmer. Buildable for more intensity.

Designed in three shade duos:

- Black Star: On top, an intense black matte creme shadow. In bottom, a sheer silver sparkle loose shadow that can be built-up for more intensity. Layer together for a gunmetal effect.

- Aquanova: On top, a deep green / teal matte creme shadow. In bottom, a shimmering teal loose powder. Layer together for a multi-faceted peacock effect.

- Scarlet Eclipse: On top, a maroon/burgundy matte creme shadow. In bottom a sheer rose gold sparkle loose powder. Layer together for a glittering sunset effect.

Create your own beauty attitude by using these alone, layered or combining colors from different pots for a multi-color effect.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:

- Parabens

What else you need to know:

- For dimension and glow: (1) Blend and work creme into a matte finish onto the lid using finger or brush. (2) Add dimension with foil powder applied in a vertical line from lashline to center of the eyelid. Blend edges with a brush.

- For maximum metallic effect: (1) Apply cream concentrate to lid using fingertip or brush. (2) Use a damp eyeshadow blending brush to apply metallic powder all over lid.

- Amp up your smoky eye by lining your waterline with the Estée Edit The Edgiest Kohl Shadowstick. Use the deeper shades for your edgiest attitude – Black Viper (matte jet black), Royal Scandal (matte royal blue) or Grounded (pearlized chestnut brown).

• #EsteeEditContest I would love to know if anyone... Be the first to answer!
  • Is there a primer out there that has the power to keep this from ...2 Answers
  • I have this shadow and always I apply the creme first, then the p...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
This is not a unique concept but it is unique that everything you would need to do a powder on top of a creme shadow is all neatly in one place already color coordinated and this may have opened this concept up to those still new to make up or who are just younger and less experienced.
I love this little duo. I really wanted to try the To Ford Version but honestly at that price for basically two eyeshadows I just couldn't do it.
Then these Metallishadows came on sale at Sephora. I missed the red color I wanted as it was already sold out but I did get my second choice. Just in time too as only the black was available last time I checked a month or so ago.
And even at full price these aren't going to break the bank if you're able to purchase high end makeup anyway.
The packaging is very cute and unique with a modern look and design. It's also functional and sturdy so despite it being the dreaded twist top that can be a nightmare for us all while traveling I would actually feel comfortable traveling with this as it has some weight on the cap so I don't think it would just unravel.
These are going to be great for fall and winter. In the summertime they were definitely too heavy and couldn't last with my oily skin and the humid Kentucky heat. They would just end up bleeding and I would look like I had a black eye. But at night or in colder weather these are absolutely gorgeous. The powder sets them well and gives a nice eyeshadow with depth of color kind of duo chrome type look to it while also having the smokey eye look of a darker cream.
You can wear each alone or one on top of the other although it's meant for the powder to be on top of the cream. The opposite way won't give you much effect.
I do recommend a primer and adding the cream with your finger initially and blending out the excess and the edges to subdue the harsh lines for a more ethereal smokey effect. Then adding the powder slowly packing it on and lightly blending the edges inwards toward the middle as not to get a ton of glitter fall out of shimmer in the crease or brow bone area. Then adding the cream or the powder to the bottom lash line and youve got a gorgeous, sexy and seductive look that looks like you put a ton of effort into color coordination and application when it really took all of 5 to 8 minutes to get both eyes done.
I think everyone should own one of these either from Tom Ford, Surrat or Estee Edit or any other brand that may carry something like this but as I said you can do it on your own it's just cheaper buying the set than two separate high end shadows one cream and one powder and trying to coordinate them. This just basically gives convenience and the coordination from a style professional who was paid to coordinate these exact colors with each other.
They can bleed and fade if worn with a lot of cream or cream on it's own so that's why I'm taking a star away. It probably won't work for really oily lids. But no matter your skin type i would suggest a primer and setting spray with these.
They are pigmented, soft, easy to blend and not at all patchy during application.
I would definitely recommend. Enjoy!
Pictures I posted: the three swatches are of the cream and the powder alone and then together all blended out. The two swatches are each of the shadows finger swatched not blended.
Purchase at sephora or your risking buying an unsafe fake that's not at all similar in quality, color or product.
Rachel H.
Philadelphia, PA
I am not super adventurous with makeup but I did receive this product through Influenster to test out and so I gave it try.  Now when I am looking for a little extra drama I use this product.  It is convenient since the cream and shimmer come together.  They are packaged nicely so there is no mess.  The cream eye shadow I received is a wine red color.  You can use your fingers to apply as little or as much as you want.  Then the shimmer is a golden color which you can again use your finger or a brush to apply over the cream.  Applied on top of each other they give a very dramatic effect.
Natalie B.
I received this in a vox box complimentary of Influenster and I was really excited about this product. 2-in-1 products are always the best & you can never go wrong with them. But the shadow I received was the burgundy and the gold glitter (can't think of the name at the moment). But the cream shadow is beautiful. You could not only use it as a shadow but a lip tint as well. Even though it is a dark color, I find that you either have to wet a brush or build it up quite a bit. Same goes for the glitter but the glitter is a must have, it is stunning on the eyes & that gold glitter you can use with just about everything!
Sophia L.
Minneapolis, MN
I received this product last year as part of the Estee Edit voxbox and forgot to review it. I received the purple-ish shade (Cyberella). The concept of the product is really unique (powder over cream shadow), but I thought the application of it was really messy. The color I received was also too bold for what I usually wear, and the concept of it doesn't really allow for blending.
Estefany R.
Although I rarely used this shawdow duo, the times I did use it I did like how the colors looked on me. The creme shawdow applies beautifully on my kids. However I recommend priming beforehand so that the shadow could glide and apply effortlessly on the lid. I’m not a fond of glitter eye shawdow but I had to try the duo and it looked perfect with the creme shawdow!
Missy Von M.
Kennewick, WA
This product can be a hit or miss. The powder works quite nice however it creases even with the creme base as well but the color looks great! If you want something longer lasting then use a diffrent base but use the powder color it's amazing! And you notice it's long lasting with other bases.
bianca b.
Grand Rapids , MI
I do not like cream shadows at all. The formula for this cream shadow is a little hard to work with but the payoff is gorgeous. It isn’t right for someone who doesn’t have as much time to spend on their makeup or someone who is afraid of bold looks. The loose powder is also stunning yet has Lots of fallout even with a wet brush.
Taylor L.
Loyall, KY
Love this product! Not so keen on the color I received. I received the blue color for testing purposes. The powder is very pigmented, which I love. And I love how smooth the creme goes on. However, I tend to wear subtle shadows, so the blue is too much for me. I will definitely be purchasing in the color Light Speed!
laura g.
Mission, TX
I had honestly never heard of this product before and was super excited to try it. I had super high expectations for it and this product met them all. It stays on for a super long time it never smudged and its super pigmented. i highly recommend it for everyone.
Germanie H.
Galveston, TX
I received this product in a navy blue. Which is not my color at all. Since I am dark complexed it’s not a color that sits well on my skin. Maybe in another color I’d use it though because the quality does seem quite well. I’m used to buying cheap shadows but this one definitely can’t be cheap.
Nicole C.
Martinsburg, WV
Is this eyeshadow long wearing? Also is it glittery? If so is it chunky glitter or very fine shimmer? Also how does it last in the heat considering it's summertime. #esteeeditcontest
Megan Y.
How well do these stay put? I always get nervous about loose powder eyeshadows as they tend to end up under my eyes. #EsteeEditContest
memory l.
Minneapolis, MN
#esteeeditcontest I would like to know how long the creme lasts on the eye throughout the day? I have really oily lids and even well primed shadow looks start to crease mid day.
Paola R.
I love creme eyeshadow, does it work well and blend perfect?
Toni J.
Is this long lasting? Does it crease? How much are these in store? #esteeeditcontest