BY THE ESTÉE EDIT BY ESTÉE LAUDER

A sheer-tone lip product to lighten or deepen any lipstick for your perfect custom shade. Transform any shade of lipstick to get your perfect hue yellow brightens, black deepens. It's your favorite lipstick's alter ego. Paint like a true artist, as Lip Flip Shade Transformer allows you to blend a custom color all your own and create a look no one else can get their hands on. Use it to double or triple your current lip wardrobe and create two new shades for each lip color you own. Lip Flip features a delicious vanilla mint scent. see more...

• I heard great things about this, has anyone tried this ou...1 Answers
  • What's the best way to use it? On top of a color already ...1 Answers
  • Can this be used on its own as a black lipstick? Also doe...1 Answers
The Estée Edit by Estée Lauder Lip Flip Shade Transformer Turn Down 0.12 oz

Start your review of The Estée Edit by Estée Lauder Lip Flip Shade Transformer Turn Down 0.12 oz!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
Vivian E.
Parma, OH
Purchased at: Sephora
I like The Estée Edit by Estée Lauder Lip Flip Shade Transformer Turn Down 0.12 oz. In this photo, I am wearing this color as is - straight from the tube. I was curious about the shade. I’ve already tried blending this with other lip colors and it works well. This transformer deepens the shade. It’s fun to find a nice hue when layered over a lip color.
Ashley G.
St. Louis
I really didn’t like this “lipstick”. I own a lot of colors of lipsticks and different types and every one I tried it over just never looked good. I see other people making good reviews on it but even the pictures they send or videos reviews I’ve seen I have not once thought the “after” color and they never looked anything like a color I would like. They all just look muddy or dull. And I prefer cool colors over warm any day.
Jennifer H.
Whitsett, NC
A little scary at first, but this black actually felt really comfortable to wear I got this color in a lip kit from Sephora and did not find it drying. Being a darker color it was a little tough to apply, so I.D recommend using a liner
Candy B.
Tucson, AZ
I'm not really sure how I feel about this. It's quite a good concept but the lip transformer works with certain lip products, making it not as universally as you would think. (No glosses!) It applies blotchy but then blends to your lips to make the lip color "smokey." I don't like the finish it leaves your lip color also. Slick and transfers so much. And you never exactly know what color you are left with. Sometimes a nice dark, vampy color... but it can also become a muddy purple mess. I would rather spend money on the perfect shade and finish of lipstick that I know I will love and wear. Still, a great concept that definitely increases your lip wardrobe.
Emily Q.
It's difficult to figure out, but it does work! I find it beat to put a balm underneath the the shade transformer then blot it off. After, put a liquid lipstick on top of it for the best results. A regular lipstick doesn't work as well as a liquid on top of the transformer.
Amy Y.
obsessed with this product! As someone with very yellow undertones, I find a lot of cool-toned lipsticks look unnatural or unflattering on my lips. At the same time, it was hard to find orangey yellow colors with just the right amount of warm tint that I wanted without looking too extreme. I love the concept of this lipstick mixer, and I found the formula to be very much specified to its purposes, as it is sheer and blendable. I actually have tried using yellow lipsticks in the past as mixers, but there is a big difference between trying to smudge and smear an opaque yellow into oblivions versus using this product, which was created to be blendable and buildable. I have so many old cool-toned lipsticks that I had given up on that I suddenly find myself going back to, with the help of this product!
Marissa A.
Suffolk, VA
I played with this product in Sephora for about ten minutes before I decided to buy it. It seemed a little strange to me at first, but I am so glad that I decided to buy it!!! Such a great decision! It's perfect for when I need a quick makeup touch up before I go out after work! Sometimes I don't always want to deepen my entire look to switch it from night to day...so this product is perfect!!! I can deepen my day lip color to create the perfect lip for night!!! It doesn't distort the lip color or cause it to look streaky, instead it gently darkens the lip color without looking too harsh or intense! I will definitely be buying this product again!
Jenny R.
I personally don't really use this even though I have it because you don't really know how much to use to make your lipstick darker and it's hard to blend.. idk not my fav
Amanda C.
Cathedral Cty, CA

This seems like a totally unique concept and honestly it works out so well. I've never worn this on its own because it's obviously meant to be worn over other lip colors, but the texture is amazing. It isn't sticky and it doesn't slide everywhere or smear off other lipsticks. I tend to wear this over matte lipsticks and it's basically doubled my lipstick collection. It also works really well for ombre lips. A must have for taking lipsticks from spring and summer into fall and winter.
Christy N.
Rockford, MI

This is one of the most fun, multi-use products I have!!!! I have WAY too much lipstick because I hang onto everything and this just about doubled my stash without taking up any extra space!! I use the "turn down" which is perfect for me as I prefer a more muted, less bright lip and it even helps correct some shades that turn kind of "orangey" on me. It takes a little bit of time to smooth out the color, but it's fun and I like to change up my lipstick a lot, even during the day, so this is perfect. I keep it in my purse so I always have it with me when I get a minute to "freshen up". Now I'm dying to try some of the mattified lip colors, there is such a variety, and the round lip balm!!
Derana M.
Corona, CA
#EsteeEditContest How does this product work? I am just now seeing and learning about this product. Do you like the texture and feel of this product? Is it good for all skin types? #EsteeEditContest
Amanda B.
I love this concept, is it worth getting?? I love lipstick and use it everyday.
Patricia T.
Cold Spring , KY
In love with this idea? Does it work well? Can you also use it on it's own? Thx!