The Estée Edit by Estée Lauder Dissolve the Drama 2-in-1 Makeup Remover + Cleanser 6.7 oz

An instant action long-wear makeup remover and cleanser. This cleansing formula is enriched with jojoba oil, aloe, and cucumber soothing skin as it gently yet thoroughly removes all traces of makeup, including pigmented and long-wear. When you add water, this luxe oil turns into a milky cleanser that rinses cleanly away, leaving skin clear, soft, and glowing. This fragrance-free product can be used as your everyday cleanser. Dissolve the Drama also comes in wipes so you can change your look on the go. No suds or sink required. see more...

• Is this makeup remover good to use around your eyes then? I know ...1 Answers
  • How much product does it take to remove a full face of make up? 1 Answers
  • Does this make your vision blurry aftet use?5 Answers
Jordan B.
['Hattiesburg', 'MS'], MS
For an expensive makeup remover, this is an okay product. It does the trick, and takes your makeup off but it is a lot harder to take off your makeup than some of the other drugstore makeup removers I have tried. After only using it a few times, I probably won't be buying again.
Emma A.
Like a lot of people, I used this like a regular eye makeup remover which left a greasy residue and blurry contacts. This is actually a cleansing oil that you need to rinse off. I actually liked this as a preliminary step to removing all my makeup and cleansing my face. It removed almost all of my eye makeup, including waterproof mascara, except eyeliner on my waterline. And to be fair, I haven't found anything that does. I think this brand and it's products are being phased out, so I doubt this'll be around much longer. I still think it's a good product but not worth the full retail price.
Alysania J.
I was not happy with this product at all. The ingredient list has the first actual oil at ingredient #9 out of 17 which is pretty disappointing for something that calls itself an oil cleanser. The first bunch of ingredients are chemically derived waxes and esters, some petroleum-based (or it's not entirely clear of the ingredient's origin in the ingredient list anyway). The texture is almost like a dry oil or as if someone mixed alcohol and oil together. There's also a rather unpleasant stinky floral scent to it. I prefer using plain cleansing oil like a blend of actual oils instead of oils and chemicals.

In case you needed the ingredient list, since it's not available on the Estee Lauder website, it is as follows:

cetyl ethylhexanoate, triethylhexanoin, peg-20 glyceryl triisostearate, polybutene, peg-8 diisostearate, peg-12 diisostearate, ppg-15 stearyl ether, cucumis sativus(cucumber)fruit extract, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, triticum vulgare(wheat)germ oil, caprylyl glycol, glycerin, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, glyceryl laurate, tocopheryl acetate, butylene glycol, water/aqua, fragrance
Brittney H.
I'm confused by the rave reviews. I suppose this is a good face cleanser, however, do NOT by any means use this to remove mascara. Especially waterproof mascara. In my opinion, this isn't an oil, it's more of a thick serum. My cotton round absorbed most of it. It doesn't break down the mascara. And if you get the oil in your eye, it creates a film on your eye making it difficult to see clearly. Creating extra work to remove that on top of your makeup. I prefer either the Sephora brand waterproof make up remover or the Lancome one.
Vanessa Q.
Lemon Grove, CA
Got this in a previous play box and I didn't want to waste it so I just used it to finish the bottle and not waste product. But it doesn't get rid of all my eye makeup! I wear waterproof mascara and it takes me forever to get rid of it with this product, even using a makeup wipe is more efficient than using this. It works as an oil type cleanser and it changes to a milky color when worked with. It takes off my eyeshadow and most of my eyeliner but it's so difficult to remove my mascara. I won't be buying the full size of this in the future, unfortunately it just didn't work out for me.
Jennifer T.
This did not break me out or burn my sensitive skin but I was not a fan. It felt unbearably greasy and when I used it on my eyes, it made my vision so cloudy even after rinsing them with water. (No burning though!) as far as removing the makeup, it did a okay job on face makeup but little to nothing for my mascara and liner. I feel like it was kind of a waste of money as my drugstore facial oils remove my makeup much better. The only thing I liked about it was the fact that it was gentle on my skin.
Nikki M.
I got a free sample of this from Sephora. It really does take off makeup very easily. Mascara and liquid lipstick too. It's very runny though, and a bit messy to work with. It also burned very badly on the corner of my eye that it got in. This may be great for super dry skin or for those that don't like to rub a lot. I don't think I will buy any because I prefer cheap wipes. Give it a try if your not a fan of wipes, or like more oily products.
Raleigh L.
Burbank, CA
I was pretty unimpressed with this product. It doesn't take off eye makeup very easily, even regular, non-waterproof makeup, and you really have to scrub hard to get it off. Plus, it stings the bejeezus out of my eyes and leaves my vision crazy blurry for a really long time afterwards so I can't even see what I'm doing. It does technically work, eventually, but I've tried scores of better makeup removers, for both face and lips/eyes.
Tiffany B.
Nicholasville, KY
OK guys....I know you're thinking..estee lauder??? Isn't that for 'old' people. Well people its not!!! 😂 this stuff is the bees knees and dissolves waterproof mascara like butter. I highly recommend trying one of Estees Lauders products. They are high quality, they're not outrageously expensive, and the product always looks so classy. Estée Lauder Take It Away Total Makeup Remover All Skin Types
S P.
My recent favorite product .Need to share with you all.I got this in my sephora box.Started using recently .Really loved it.Firsts thing is very easy to use.Just pour few drops on your palm & massage on to your face and wash it.That's all. It will breaks down all your make-up within a second.It's oil based formula ,very smooth on your face,not at all sticky or oily.Only weird thing my eyes feel little blurry after using this.but its for few seconds only.Otherwise definitely recommend this one.Repurchase 👍👍
Melissa X.
How is this product and does it do a good job and make removing (eyeliner/mascara)? Please help! Thanks!
Grace T.
Maplewood, NJ
Does this make your vision blurry aftet use?
Alecia K.
Does this burn the eyes? #EsteeEditContest
Monica M.
Mandeville, LA
Sooo...I am probably the WORST when it comes to makeup removers. I have thrown or given away like 85% of the products I purchased. Does it make your face oily after use, or leave that....filmy feeling? I have innately oily skin, and most products either leave a filmy/residue feeling like I might as well not wash my face anyway or they clean everything off but as soon as I dry off, my face feels like the napkin you use to de-grease your pizza...ew. I just want a product that will leave my face feeling clean! #isthattoomuchtoaskfor #esteeeditcontest
Priscilla D.
Does this work for people with oily skin?? #EsteeEditContest