BY THE ELF ON THE SHELF

• Our little elf friend's name is Jelly. What is your elf's...18 Answers
  • How did your children respond to having the elf?9 Answers
The Elf On The Shelf
  • "It is also getting old creating new things for it to do, so he just "moves" to a different place in the house and they do a Hide and seek type thing every morning." in 66 reviews
  • "We just started this tradition this year for our 5 year old daughter and nearly 3 year old son, they have had so much fun with it and I can't believe we didn't start this sooner." in 59 reviews
  • "My son loves his elf and looks forward to it showing up every year and we even got another one for my daughter this year so they each have their own and we can pass it down to them." in 37 reviews
  • "They look forward to reading the book and seeing what he does or where he is once he returns from reporting to the north pole" in 36 reviews
  • "I don't have children but my husband and I did elf on the shelf last year.. We were having so much fun that we ended up getting a girl elf so we each had one.." in 34 reviews
Amy S.
My kids love Elf on a Shelf! We have had our elf for 5 years now. This was first started with my son and now my 5 year old daughter does this. She loves waking up every morning to find her elf friend. She even writes letters to him and behaves better when he’s around. We even have bought the little accessories to go with him. We have a scarf and some booties.
Erika M.
Hershey, PA
Who doesn’t love this? Anyone that has kids at the appropriate ages for this product knows how much fun you can make it. First of all, we came up with a dozen names before we even started making “Elmo” (LOL) do cool things so the kids saw him when they woke up in the morning. I suggest anyone that doesn’t already have one, get one this holiday season... if you have children that are of age to enjoy something like this. There are all kinds of ideas on Pinterest as to what to do with your Elf throughout the 25 days of Christmas. They have these for different religions, too. I specifically remember a Shark Tank episode where they made an Elf of the Shelf for the Jewish religion. And the name of the product had the word Dradle in it, I believe.
Erika O.
Buena Park , CA
I loved the idea of this activity book and the tradition of the elf on the shelf. Call me a bad parent but I got over It really quick. The first 2 times we did it our little one enjoyed it but the 3rd year he was over it too (he’s 4)
Kellie R.
Purchased at: Amazon
My son loved this. The only problem is after awhile you start to run out of places to hide the elf. Fortunately there are several suggestions listed on social media. This is definitely a fun tradition to start with little ones.
Samantha S.
Kissimmee, FL
I think Chippy, our elf, comes to visit more for me than for my son. I love setting him up each night and playing hide and go seek each morning. I do however wish they were posable, because they would make it a lot easier to do creative activities with them. The entire brand, however, is solid and well integrated between book, movie and elf accessories.
Laura H.
We introduced the elf on the shelf this year! My 4 year old daughter loves it! She's always so excited to find what her silly elf is up to next! #elfontheshelf #LOLsuprisedolls
melissa O.
Whitesboro
My family has done the elf on the shelf tradition for 3 years now. My son named our elf "Jasper". Jasper will occasionally write notes to my son reminding him to be a good boy and he loves to end up in funny places around the house! I would recommend to any family with small children to start this tradition.
Tessa C.
Martha, KY
1,162 reviews
Purchased at: Walmart
I've always loved the elf on a shelf thing for the holidays. Making the elf xo funny or bad stuff and blame it on the elf when your kid finally sees it. Lol I cant wait to buy a new one and do that with my daughter.
Leeishla J.
Mahanoy city, PA
Okay let me start by saying that these things are a pain in the ass... but the kids love them and that makes it all worth it! Sure they are expensive but it is all about the magic of the holiday! I purchased this at Wal-Mart! I would buy it again if I had another child.
Katie Z.
Accomac, VA
We have the most fun every year with this tradition! It is absolutely one of the things my daughter looks forward to most in the holiday season. It is such a fun and magical experience to share this tradition with your kids!
Melissa S.
Racine, WI
What did your child pick as a name? Ours is Chippy Checker.
Kelly P.
Whitby, Ontario
How long have you been using the Elf on the Shelf?
Kelli S.
Rockholds, KY
Our little elf friend's name is Jelly. What is your elf's name?
Dorothymarie B.
Long Beach, CA
How did you choose your Elves names?
Miranda R.
Dilworth, MN
I want one of these for my kids so bad .. When is a good time to buy one ?