The Dyson Supersonic Hair DryerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY DYSON #1 in Hair Dryers

Dyson Supersonic hair dryer, until now, equipped with a motor that's located in the head part has been considered to common sense in the handle portion, review the structure of the dryer across the board, we have achieved a good balanced design. In addition, the intelligent heat control function, to prevent damage due to excessive heat, hair protects the original gloss, you can dry the hair.

• Can someone please tell me how I can justify spending $400 on a h...4 Answers
  • Does this come in other colors?2 Answers
  • Is this product really worth buying?4 Answers
Lauren T.
Lauren T.
Pawleys Isl, SC
Beauty Junkie Expert
Worth it! I never would spend this much on a hairdryer on my own, but I will say that this definitely is one of my favorite, over-the-top Christmas gifts that I've received.

The design is incredible. Not only is it super sleek, but more importantly, it's extremely ergonomic - easy to hold and use regardless of the angle. Most hairdryers are heavy and so difficult to maneuver to do your own hair, but this truly makes a personal blowout doable.

The air filter at the bottom of the handle is revolutionary (not exaggerating). I have wavy hair, so during the winter my preferred everyday technique is to diffuse my roots and let the rest do its thing. With a normal hairdryer, I expect my hair to get caught in the filter at least once doing this (miserable, I know). My hair hasn't gotten caught in this design at all!!! And speaking of diffusing - the magnetic styling attachments are awesome - the magnets are strong and I haven't had any issues with the attachments falling off mid-dry (never been the case with attachments).

Finally, I've heard complaints from my thick-haired friends that it didn't fulfill their hopes w/ regards to drying time. Personally, I think that it does cut drying time down significantly (but my hair is fine so I've never had astronomical drying times to begin with). I will say that 3 heat & 3 air speed options are great - I've primarily stuck to the no/low heat settings and still think my drying times are down.
Logan R.
Logan R.
I was in need of a new blowdryer and with a 20% off coupon to Sephora I decided to give the Dyson a try after seeing all the hype. I bought the white and silver one which looks incredible and very professional. It is very light and I personally find it to be so much quieter than any blowdryer I have ever used. It is perfect to travel with because it is both light in weight and small in size compared to standard blowdryers. I was worried the magnetic attachments wouldn't hold well while blowing out my hair with a round brush but I was happily surprised that they held on great! I love how easy the settings of both heat and air flow are to read. It does take a few times to get used to its design though, so don't get discouraged!
The reason I gave it 4 instead of 5 stars is because it didn't get my hair as smooth as I have gotten it before with other blowdryers. But with other blowdryers the heat was so high (and you couldn't adjust it) it would burn my scalp and ears! So I'd rather have to take a quick pass of serum or the straightener to get the desired smoothness instead of scorching my hair off.
Amanda Z.
Amanda Z.
Streetsboro, OH
I should start this off by saying I've never owned an expensive hair dryer so I can't compare to what a dryer in a mid-range price point would do. The nicest one I've ever had is a hot tools that I used for years. I have very thick, wavy hair, and when this came out I thought I would try it.

I use this on the 2nd heat setting, and full force wind. My hair when I use this dryer is like when I get a blow out in a salon. It's extremely smooth, and has lots of body. I never though I would be able to get shiny, smooth hair at home, but this does the trick. The hottest setting does get VERY warm. I found that with the strength of the dryer, I didn't need full heat.

This also cut my drying time down from 30 minutes to about 20, which is still a good chunk of time when you have long, thick hair.
Jess E.
Jess E.
Grand Jct, CO
Beauty Junkie Expert
Yes, this hairdryer is super expensive. It is also very loud. However, it is amazing. It dries my hair so quickly and it has everything you need. It has 3 air flow levels along with 3 heat levels and you can mix and match to fit your hair needs. It has a cooling button as well. It also has an easy to clean filter, which is great (always keep your filters clean to keep your hair healthy). If you've ever used a Dyson hand dryer that dries your hands in 10 seconds, it's similar to that (though it does obviously take more than 10 seconds on hair). If you can get over the price point, I would recommend this (only docking this a star because of said price $400 currently).
Lacey G.
Lacey G.
West Hills, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Okay so I was super against spending the money for this at first. My dad and I surprised my mom with this and she loves it! She has hair past her chest and a lot of it and it normally takes her 45 minutes to style and blow-dry it. She has been using this and it has cut the tome down to 15 MINUTES!!! I have very thick and curly hair and with this it only takes me 20 minutes to style. I know its a pretty penny but it is so worth it! This product is all about the quality!

It is so lightweight and easy to hold that I think it is perfect for beginners because it is easy to handle and control. It calms my frizz all well making my hair appear incredibly shiny.
AnnieJo T.
AnnieJo T.
Stephenville, TX
I ordered this super early from Japan. I did finally find a suitable transformer on Amazon (Search for the ACUPWR AJD-1400) which is not cheap but works perfectly and reliably. Once it is paired with an appropriate power source, the Dyson hairdryer is a joy to use. It is amazingly light and maneuverable. It is not exactly quiet, but easily only makes about half the level of sound that the average hairdryer puts out. You can hold a conversation with someone while using it without having to shout. The quality and engineering of the unit are truly amazing. It lives up to the hype, in my opinion.
Sabrina T.
Sabrina T.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've tried the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer at a friend's house and I'm am just amazed at how beautiful and effective this blow dryer is! It is pretty steep at $399 but I believe it's all worth it! It just took me a couple minutes to dry my hair and it usually takes me 15-20 minutes. And it leave your hair feeling silky and soft with no frizz! I usually have to flat iron my hair after blow drying, but after using this Dyson Supersonic hair dryer, I didn't really have to! I think I'm going to have to buy one myself!
Lauren G.
Lauren G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was lucky and received this as a Christmas gift. The price point is high for a blow dryer but it is amazing. I cut my dry time drastically switching to this dryer. The heat never gets too hot. I use it on the highest speed and highest heat. I love the cool blast too. It comes with 3 adapters for styling that are magnetic. The cord is long so, no more getting tangled. I can't say enough good things about this. I have noticed a change in the health of my hair.
Angela B.
Angela B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
The Dyson supersonic hair dryer is by far the BEST breakthrough product this year! Honestly, probably next year as well! Perfect for all hair types. A little on the costly side, but seriously, the best investment into the one thing that you take pride in. Technology and ease all in one compact dryer!
Angela M.
Angela M.
Brunswick , GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Damnnnn Dyson, back at it again with the cool stuff! Are you kidding me? This is going to be incredible! $399 for a hair dryer is a little steep but I mean come on. It looks amazing. Little bummed I wont be able to touch it before I buy it though since I have ZERO Sephora stores near me. So sad.
Sarah T.
Sarah T.
Belmont, MA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Where can one purchase this hairdryer? I've seen several mentions and it looks like it would work great on my hair. I know it just launched but I'd love to know where I can purchase it and when it's available in the US.
Scarlett H.
Scarlett H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
What is the lowest price you've seen this at?
Dee R.
Dee R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How much does the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer cost?
Gloria L.
Gloria L.
What stores carries this dryer?
Lisette M.
Lisette M.
Kearny, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
Can someone please tell me how I can justify spending $400 on a hair dryer? What is so special about this dryer?