The Devil Wears Prada

by David Frankel

Based on the hilarious best-selling novel, this sinfully funny movie stars Academy Award® winner Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway. As assistant to impossibly demanding New York fashion magazine editor Miranda Priestly (Streep), young Andy Sachs (Hathaway) has landed a job that "a million girls would die for." Unfortunately, her heaven-sent appointment as Miranda's personal whipping girl just might be the death of her!

Who would you say is your favourite character in this movie is? And why?
Who else thinks all the characters slay?
Start your review of The Devil Wears Prada!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
I love this movie one of my favorites its great i love fashion so this is my kind of movie, Anna Hathaway is a great actress as well as Meryl Streepin reviews
Meryl streep was fantastic in this movie adaptation of the book, and anne hathaway was great breaking out of her princess diaries rollin reviews
It's a comedy, a drama, a chick flick all in one and the actors and actresses couldn't have been played by anyone better the cast is great!in reviews
Still a good movie who doesn't love a villainous movie especially played by one of Hollywood best actressesin reviews
I really enjoy watching this movie because it shows you what anyone who works in the fashion industry has to go through, most of us think it's a walk in the park with free clothes coming at you left, right and center and that it's a job where you feel relaxed and comfortable and this movies shows us that it's anything but that.in reviews
Liz G.
Rye Brook, NY
One of my old time favorite movie. I love this movie from beginning to end its a great movie. Meryl is fantastic one of my favorite actress. Love love love this movie
Ariana B.
Glen Burnie, MD
Every girl should watch this movie. Beauty and brains at its best. Even my husband watched it lol.
Kayla S.
Clovis, NM
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I didn't like this movie. I can see why it never got a sequel. It naturally doesn't follow much of the book which I guess is fine. But I just don't think it was as good as it could have been. I was pretty bored with it.
Brittany E.
Centennial, CO
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Love love this movie!! It's hilarious and great fun! One of those movies that you can watch a ton!! Meryl Strep and Anne Hathaway are great in it!!
Victoria G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The Devil Wears Prada uploaded by Victoria G.
LOVED THIS MOVIE AS A KID. It’s one of Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streeps earlier movies but it’s great for kids and has a good message towards the end. I would recommend if you’re looking for an easy watch or a kid friendly movie.
Michael W.
Staff
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Great movie! Meryl Streep the gawd an amazing script and also wonderful supporting cast makes this a must see. It’s cuffing szn get your movie game up and include this if never seen it.
Reta S.
Jamaica, NY
This will forever be one of my favorite movies. I really just love Meryl Streep in everything.
Noemi B.
Morgan Hill, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This film is about a fashion magazine company, where Miranda's character represents the highest authority of that company, the type of leadership she manages is totally autocratic since she says and decides when things are done and how, without to ask permission or point of view to anyone. Andy, recently graduated in journalism, lands in the most important fashion magazine in the world to act as personal assistant to Miranda Priestly, her director and also representative of hell on earth. Accepts the work because there is a kind of urban legend that ensures that if someone manages to hold a full year to the supreme responsible, you can work later in the publication you want. this is only one part of the movie , but it is really worth seeing it until the end, I recommend it.
Stacey T.
Allen, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I read the book and watched the movie both. I like the plot! You can work for someone hard core, but still be successful at being YOU!
Kat J.
Pop Culture Expert Level 6
2,218 reviews
The Devil Wears Prada uploaded by Kat J.
The Devil Wears Prada uploaded by Kat J.
If you love fashion, this movie is definitely for you... But even if you don’t love fashion, this is a great movie that examines how making career choices can affect your life and relationships. The Devil Wears Prada is mainly about Andrea Sachs, a recent college graduate that is hired to work as the second assistant of the powerful and sophisticated Miranda Priestly. Miranda is known as the ruthless and merciless executive of the Runway fashion magazine. Andrea dreams to become a journalist and views this opportunity at Runway as a temporary professional challenge. As Andrea learns more about this new environment and her new boss, we see her change her attitude and behavior, thereby affecting her private life and the relationships with her boyfriend, her family, and friends. In the end, Andrea learns that life is made of choices... This movie is incredibly relatable if you’ve ever lost yourself in a new job. It’s also full of laughs and witty references, as well as moments of sympathy and frustration... Meryl Streep steals the screen with her unwavering cold demeanor, as well as her iconic quotes (and don’t forget her constant array of coats). Anne Hathaway does a great job of playing a naive hopeful that just wants to succeed in her field, but finds herself in a world she knows nothing about. Watching her transformation as she learns to dress fashionably and properly spell “Gabbana” is very entertaining. Overall, this movie worth the watch in my opinion. You won’t want to miss the ending!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...