BY DAVID FRANKEL #41 in Movies

Based on the hilarious best-selling novel, this sinfully funny movie stars Academy Award® winner Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway. As assistant to impossibly demanding New York fashion magazine editor Miranda Priestly (Streep), young Andy Sachs (Hathaway) has landed a job that "a million girls would die for." Unfortunately, her heaven-sent appointment as Miranda's personal whipping girl just might be the death of her!

• What is your favorite part of this movie?11 Answers
  • Who else thinks all the characters slay?1 Answers
  • Do you guys know any similar movie to this one?2 Answers
The Devil Wears Prada
  • "I love this movie one of my favorites its great i love fashion so this is my kind of movie, Anna Hathaway is a great actress as well as Meryl Streep" in 27 reviews
  • "Meryl streep was fantastic in this movie adaptation of the book, and anne hathaway was great breaking out of her princess diaries roll" in 23 reviews
  • "It's a comedy, a drama, a chick flick all in one and the actors and actresses couldn't have been played by anyone better the cast is great!" in 8 reviews
  • "Still a good movie who doesn't love a villainous movie especially played by one of Hollywood best actresses" in 6 reviews
  • "I just watched this last night it has always been a favorite movie of mine:) I love the lessons it teaches & especially the choice of actors." in 5 reviews
Athena A.
Spokane , WA
Meryl Streep as a cold, condescending witch? I think yes. TDWP is a great insight into the fashion industry and tells the real story of what you’ll go through to be in an industry that’s based on external beauty, but not so much internal. Meryl gives an amazing performance as always, it’s witty, funny, and definitely something that’s relatable in everyday life. We’ve all had THAT boss
Krista L.
Wilmington, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Girls night in! That’s what I think of immediately when I see this on. Anne Hathaway’s character is perfect and the story is one of a kind. Get pulled into the busy city life and follow along with the ups and downs of the fashion world. This is a winner!
Gabrielle H.
Highland Park, MI
I love this movie the amazing clothing, beautiful new York and the witty dialogue. My favorite scene is hard to pick but anything with Meryl Streep is just right. I didn’t think about Anna wintour
Once whom this was based on as the vogue editor at large. I think Meryl’s performance as the dragon last made her even more fabulous and formidable as an actress.
Yaritza V.
Laredo
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I liked this movie. I have seen it a million of times and I do not get tired of it I think that this movie is good. I have seen better old ones. I enjoy watching this movie with some chips and a coke. I would recommend people to watch this movie because it is pretty cool:))
Amiee D.
Lubbock, TX
This movie is my guilty pleasure! I aspire to as bad a** as Meryl Strep and Anne Hathaway. I watch this movie about once a month. My boyfriend also enjoys this movie because it is so witty! It reminds you to work hard but to also keep your personal life a priority. I need to go watch this movie now!
Christen F.
Manalapan, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Anything with Meryl is of course outstanding and usually this movie is as well.  She plays a terrible mean boss who runs a clothing company.  She is is I enjoyed this movie because it really has some laugh out loud moments.  She ends up developing a relationship with a interm who is able to break through the tough mean lady.  A must see.
Aliya S.
Wichita, KS
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
one of my movies i snuggle up in super cozy blankets kick back and relax. i love how funny and dramatic this movie is. my favorite part has to be where she starts transforming and ends up replacing emily for the trip to paris. its a great movie for just hanging out and drinking wine.
Val V.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
One of my favorite movies. It's a girly girl film but it has big actors and actresses and some very memorable moments. The struggles she goes through to make it big and the impact she has on this Magazine monster! The devil really does wear Prada.
Jamy J.
Frederick, MD
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Such a wonderful movie; this is one of my all-time favorites. Anne Hathaway, Meryl Streep, and Emily Blunt get into their character's really well; they are all great actresses. The soundtrack is enjoyable with familiar songs that are catchy and match the moods throughout the movie. Anne's character is determined to make a lasting impression with her boss and following her dreams to become known in the journalism/writing industry.
Ashley C.
Timonium, MD
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Meh. It's a very clichéd movie with better fashion sense. The usual "late bloomer" Anne Hathaway, turns into a "diva" and loses what was most important to her and then she discovers the error of her ways.

For having such big names in this movie the acting isn't anything to write home about and it's just a solid note of bland throughout the entire film.
Erica M.
What's another Ann Hathaway movie you guys like?
Sharon R.
WInthrop, MA
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Peyton W.
Is there a date on when the second one comes out?
Kasaundra D.
Isanti, MN
Does anyone else have a significant other that hates this movie too?
Maria P.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Do you guys know any similar movie to this one?