BY DAVID FRANKEL #63 in Movies

Based on the hilarious best-selling novel, this sinfully funny movie stars Academy Award® winner Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway. As assistant to impossibly demanding New York fashion magazine editor Miranda Priestly (Streep), young Andy Sachs (Hathaway) has landed a job that "a million girls would die for." Unfortunately, her heaven-sent appointment as Miranda's personal whipping girl just might be the death of her!

• What is your favorite part of this movie?11 Answers
  • Who else thinks all the characters slay?1 Answers
  • Do you guys know any similar movie to this one?2 Answers
The Devil Wears Prada
  • "I love this movie one of my favorites its great i love fashion so this is my kind of movie, Anna Hathaway is a great actress as well as Meryl Streep" in 27 reviews
  • "Meryl streep was fantastic in this movie adaptation of the book, and anne hathaway was great breaking out of her princess diaries roll" in 23 reviews
  • "It's a comedy, a drama, a chick flick all in one and the actors and actresses couldn't have been played by anyone better the cast is great!" in 8 reviews
  • "Still a good movie who doesn't love a villainous movie especially played by one of Hollywood best actresses" in 6 reviews
  • "I really enjoy watching this movie because it shows you what anyone who works in the fashion industry has to go through, most of us think it's a walk in the park with free clothes coming at you left, right and center and that it's a job where you feel relaxed and comfortable and this movies shows us that it's anything but that." in 5 reviews
Jamy J.
Frederick, MD
Pop Culture Expert
Such a wonderful movie; this is one of my all-time favorites. Anne Hathaway, Meryl Streep, and Emily Blunt get into their character's really well; they are all great actresses. The soundtrack is enjoyable with familiar songs that are catchy and match the moods throughout the movie. Anne's character is determined to make a lasting impression with her boss and following her dreams to become known in the journalism/writing industry.
Erin C.
Pop Culture Expert
This was one of Meryl Streep's best movies to date. I have no idea how she could be so mean and keep a straight face. Plus the coat scenes were my favorite. I also loved seeing how Andy grew as a person and eventually grew into someone that she didn't want to be and was happy to just walk away. The last scene between the two was really good.
Amber K.
Pop Culture Expert
its a comedy, drama and chick flick all in one. Maryl streep plays the meanest boss. I would hate to have her as my boss! But the fashion style in the movie, is amazing. I watch this movie, over and over again, to find my favorite fashion pieces and try to recreate the look for an awesome work outfit.
Tana Y.
Lancaster, NY
Pop Culture Expert
Since I love fashion this was a perfect movie! I'm also a fan of Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep. It was wonderful acting by both of them. Meryl was the character you love to hate! There were too many great scenes to pick my favorite one! I have watched this too many times to count!
Ximena O.
El Paso, TX
Pop Culture Expert
YAS YAS YAS YAS!! This movie is one of my favorites of all time. I have watched at least 10 times! Meryl Streep is just a genius and all the staff of actors in the movie just makes it even more great! Is a must movie when I travel or just for a fun girly night!
Mackenzie L.
Stanwood , WA
Pop Culture Expert
I love this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is such a fun girly movie to watch and it is full of comedy as well. I am not the biggest fan of Anne Hathaway but she does a pretty good job with her party. I like Emily Blunt and she is fun to watch in the movie.!!!!
MaryCaroline G.
St Petersburg, FL
Pop Culture Expert
One of my absolute favorites! Meryl Streep is phenomenal in this role. I love fashion, so this movie was excellent to me. I really enjoyed all of the designer clothes featured in the movie. Overall, I could watch it 1,000 times and still enjoy it.
Kokky T.
Sprngfld Gdns, NY
Literally the best movie ever and reminds me of being an intern when I was a fashion student. It has Paris and Meryl Streep what more do you want ?!?!?!
Yztla r.
One of my favorite movies. This reminds me a lot of the princess diaries Anne Hathaway also stars in. I just love how it shows how her confidence grows!
Brittany E.
Grand Jct, CO
Pop Culture Expert
Love love this movie!! It's hilarious and great fun! One of those movies that you can watch a ton!! Meryl Strep and Anne Hathaway are great in it!!
Erica M.
What's another Ann Hathaway movie you guys like?
Sharon R.
Winthrop, MA
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Peyton W.
Is there a date on when the second one comes out?
Kasaundra D.
Isanti, MN
Does anyone else have a significant other that hates this movie too?
Maria P.
Pop Culture Expert
Do you guys know any similar movie to this one?