BY NONE

On an annual extreme outdoor adventure, six women meet in a remote part of the Appalachians to explore a cave hidden deep in the woods. Far below the surface of the earth, disaster strikes when a rock fall blocks their exit and there's no way out. The women push on, praying for another exit, but there is something else lurking under the earth. The friends are now prey, forced to unleash their most primal instincts in an all-out war against an unspeakable horror - one that attacks without warning, again and again and again. Deleted Scenes, Director Commentary, Featurette, Interviews, Photo Gallery, Storyboard Comparisons, Trailers. Subtitles: English and Spanish.

Amber E.
Flowery Branch
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Awful. It had nothing to do with the book (which actually had a storyline and plot) and just butchered an amazing peice of literature and made into a movie featuring woman in gore-fest. Even the move amazing parts of the book aren't shown in the movie. I was so disappointed watching this movie. I DO recommend reading the book!!
Melissa H.
Austin, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is up there with some of my favorite scary movies! I like that it's all women and they're not the typical dumb girl trying to get away from a scary monster. They're a strong group roughing it up for fun. Must see!
Ablueday2 S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
As far as creepy goes The Descent worked for me. I was on the edge of my seat a lot waiting for the inevitable scary parts to make me jump. I also like the fact that it isn't your typical thrasher movie.
melissa s.
Gravenhurst
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I love this movie. it is a total scare the crap out of you in a cave cant get out kind of movie. I had an absolutely love for it when it first came out I think I watched it at least ten times. my favorite part is definitely when she ice picks her friend when she sneaks up on her. would definitely recommend this to anyone who is an avid horror movie lover like myself. oh and sorry if I gave away some of the movie believe me its still way worth watching. also I think they have a part to now as well.
Coleen M.
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The Decent was an awesome movie, it kept me glued to the TV. It was a Thrilling movie to watch. If You don't mind terror. I bought the movie, I don't mind watching movies over. I even bought The Decent 2 once it came out, another thriller, horror.