The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3)

by Random House

Read the third book in the #1 New York Times bestselling Maze Runner series, perfect for fans of The Hunger Games and Divergent. The first book, The Maze Runner, is now a major motion picture featuring the star of MTV's Teen Wolf, Dylan O'Brien; Kaya Scodelario; Aml Ameen; Will Poulter; and Thomas Brodie-Sangster and the second book, The Scorch Trials, will soon be a movie that hits theaters September 18, 2015! Also look for James Dashner's newest novels, The Eye of Minds and The Rule of Thoughts, the first two books in the Mortality Doctrine series. It's the end of the line. WICKED has taken everything from Thomas: his life, his memories, and now his only friends-the Gladers. But it's finally over. The trials are complete, after one final test. Will anyone survive? What WICKED doesn't know is that Thomas remembers far more than they think. And it's enough to prove that he can't believe a word of what they say. The truth will be terrifying. Thomas beat the Maze. He survived the Scorch. He'll risk anything to save his friends. But the truth might be what ends it all. The time for lies is over. Praise for the Maze Runner series: [A] mysterious survival saga that passionate fans describe as a fusion of Lord of the Flies, The Hunger Games, and Lost-EW.com "Wonderful action writing-fast-paced…but smart and well observed."-Newsday "[A] nail-biting must-read."-Seventeen.com "Breathless, cinematic action." -Publishers Weekly "Heart-pounding to the very last moment." -Kirkus Reviews "Exclamation-worthy." -Romantic Times [STAR] "James Dashner's illuminating prequel [The Kill Order] will thrill fans of this Maze Runner [series] and prove just as exciting for readers new to the series."-Shelf Awareness, Starred "Take a deep breath before you start any James Dashner book."-Deseret News

Is this similar to Divergent?
Start your review of The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3)!
East Elmhurst, NY
Thomas leads some escaped Gladers on their final and most dangerous mission yet. To save their friends, they must break into the legendary Last City, a WCKD-controlled labyrinth that may turn out to be the deadliest maze of all. Anyone who makes it out alive will get answers to the questions that the Gladers have been asking since they arrived in the maze!
Wilmington, DE
And the last one... i didn't expected love this as much as i did... but the end wasn't pretty accurite and clear for me... it was illusive and unreal on the one hand and in the other understandable.. The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3) we put togheter this whole story , which liked puzzle. This was great adventure ! Thank u !
The Death Cure (Maze Runner Series #3) uploaded by Amanda K.
Here I reach the last book in The Maze Runner trilogy, The Death Cure. Good book but would like to note... This book is not for kids, imo. The Death Cure is violent! There is mild language but to me the scene with Thomas and Newt is too much for at least younger teens. Newt begs his best friend to shoot him in the head so he will not have to lose his mind with the virus and eventual Thomas does do it. I just want to make that clear for parents what is in these books as I've seen a number of places saying they are for kids... no, I would not give these to kids. Great story telling... NOT for kids.
București
I loved it. I really liked how Thomas was kinda forced to choose between Brenda and Teresa. I remember very well how he rejected Brenda because ' she's not her and she will never be'. Also another thing that I remember is 'Thomas you are the real leader'.
The action was interesting and it didn't bore me at all.
The action was interesting and it didn't bore me at all.
Lawrenceville GA
what a great way to end an amazing series. This book is fulk of twists, turns, and so much emotion. Im kinda sad that the story ends here. These books had a lot of potential and james dashner did not dissapoint. Definitely reccomend.
I only got halfway through this one. I’m still curious but perhaps this is the point where my curiosity isn’t enough to push me on. I may try listening to it as an audiobook and see if that gets me through but for now it’s too slow to finish and there’s still a fourth book to go 😭
Huntington, WV
Having read the first two books in the Maze Runner series, I decided to venture into book three, The Death Cure by James Dashner. This book picks up right where book two left off, the main character Thomas being recaptured by the organization WICKED. They have chosen Thomas and his remaining friends to participate in the final stage of testing to fight a disease called “The Flare”. We are brought alongside Thomas on a journey out into a zombie-like apocalyptic world.
I had a two-sided experience with reading this book. On one hand, I thoroughly enjoyed the adventure Dashner takes us on. I loved the picture he paints of how biological warfare could lead to the crumble of society as we know it. The fictional, yet realistic take on what the future of earth could hold thrilled me. The world Dashner describes resembles what we see around us today, only with an eerie twist. On the other hand, I felt that the dialogue was slow and a bit sticky. I would recommend devouring this book at a fast pace, enabling you to speed through the sometimes-stale dialogue and enjoy the plot. I would definitely recommend this book for young adult readers but perhaps not any higher reading level.
Bakersfield
This book is so crazy I think the book is going to bet better then the movie even though the movie hasn't came out yet. But I have read this book like five times I would recommend this book to anyone I just hope the movie turns out really good.
Book Three ruined this series for me. I loved Book One. A lot. I had super high exceptions and was let way down by the end of Book Three. I think the best way to describe how I felt about this book is annoyed. And not the good kind of annoyed, like the characters are making bad decisions and you want them to do the right thing and in the end they do. No, I was just annoyed. Which is pretty harsh coming from me because I love books, and like I said, I loved Book One! The "reasons" things happen in this book annoyed me more than in Book Two. I felt like the author almost got lazy and didn't want to add more to the plot so came up with "just because" reasons for things. I could see the potential in this book, but I really just didn't feel like it was all it should have been.
Really Minor Spoilers Below: This book was my least favorite out of the whole entire maze runner series. The main reason was because I didn't like how the book was executed. In the end it felt like everything was rushed and dashner just couldn't find a good ending to the book. It felt unrealistic and cheesy. "They'd Come to a place he'd been told didn't exist anymore. Lush and green and full of vibrant flower. The two hundred or so people they'd rescued wandered the area, some of them actually running and jumping..." Sounds like a dream! And all they had to do was jump through a flat trans and left all the other problems behind leaving us with questions that Dashner had not answered in the book. The ending was an easy way out of the problem since he probably couldn't think of a better one. Why didn't they just jump through the flat trans in the beginning of the book? Overall though, I would recommend the maze runner series. ☆☆☆
Ask a question to the Influenster community...