The Complete Cooking for Two Cookbook: 650 Recipes for Everything You'll Ever Want to Make uploaded by Lisa C.The Complete Cooking for Two Cookbook: 650 Recipes for Everything You'll Ever Want to Make uploaded by Lisa C.

BY NONE

Lisa C.
Palmer, MA
I love this cookbook! I don't know how it tool me over a year of making way too big portioned suppers for my boyfriend and I before I ever thought to look for a cookbook for two! This has so many amazing recipes. Within a few days of having it, I already made 2 amazing meals. Every recipe has a paragraph before the directions on the meal and tips. It's not overloaded with pictures, but the recipes are thorough.
Abigail B.
Denville, NJ
I purchased "The Complete Cooking for Two Cookbook" by America's Test Kitchen as a Valentine's Day gift to my husband a few months before getting married and moving into our first home. This book was for sale at our local Costco and I could not resist. Because he gets home from work before I do, he had expressed a desire to learn to cook some of the traditional meals that I have learned from my mom over the years. Many of these I know off the top of my head and do not need a recipe for. "The Complete Cooking for Two Cookbook" by America's Test Kitchen was a great solution, full of traditional recipes. Following each recipes is one or two variations to the recipe. For example, there is a recipe for a cheeseburger (giving measurements of meat, etc). This is followed by a twist recipe for black peppercorn burgers. The book follows this 1, 1A, 1B format. It has been a great resource in our kitchen, even for myself, as a more confident cook. It is a great resource for times and temperatures. I often turn to this cookbook as my first resource. The portioning is pretty accurate for 2 and can be easily multiplied for a larger crowd.

This book makes a great gift. My husband and I love it so much, we have gifted it to family and friends over the years. When I gave it to my husband, I marked his favorites with blue post'its and mine with pink, labeling our favorites for quick finds. Marking your favorites is a great personal twist to just giving a cookbook to a friend or loved one. I definitely recommend this as a gift for the newly engaged couple or as a housewarming couple to the newlyweds in your life.