The Company Of Animals Halti Head Collar uploaded by Annie G.

BY THE COMPANY OF ANIMALS #19 in Dog Accessories

The patented Halti headcollar, designed by Dr. Roger Mugford, gives you total control when walking your dog. Calms boisterous dogs. Simplifies training. Restrains biters. Reduces fears. Reforms fighters. Assists with restraining dog during veterinarian or grooming visits. Calms hysterical car travelers. Halti stops pulling because if you guide a dog's head, the body will surely follow. The soft nylon collar fits comfortably around its face without restricting the mouth. If the dog tries to pull or lunge forward, Halti transfers the forward motion into turning the head sideways. This immediately discourages the activity without any undue stress to the animal. Perfect for leash control training and as a permanent training collar for large or active dogs. Washable nylon webbing with strong metal loops and durable plastic buckle. Size 0 is recommended for the following breeds: miniature dachshund, papillon, toy poodle, yorkie, and similarly sized dogs. Size 1 is recommended for the following breeds: border terrier, jack russell, cairn terrier, welsh corgi, standard dachshund, sheltie, westie, whippet, and similarly sized dogs. Size 2 is recommended for the following breeds: beagle, border collie, cockers, saluki, schnauzer, standard poodle, basenji, Welsh terrier, and similarly sized breeds. Size 3 is recommended for the following breeds: Afghan, airedale, boxer, briard, chow chow, dalmatian, doberman, greyhound, German shepherd, husky, Labrador, pointers, retrievers, setters, springers, Weimaraner, and similarly sized dogs. Size 4 is recommended for the following breeds: mastiff, clumber spaniel, giant schnauzer, Great Dane, Newfoundland, ridgeback, rottweiler, and similarly sized dogs. Size 5 is recommended for the following breeds: bloodhound, large danes, mastiffs, St. Bernard, and similarly sized dogs. see more...

• Does anyone have a big dog and use this but your dog keeps trying...3 Answers
  • I use a harness to walk my dog,he is a 14 pound choodle (chihuahu...2 Answers
Buy on Jet.com*
Lauren M.
Reston, VA
I recently bought this at Pet Valu for my excitable staffordshire terrier. She's about 50 pounds and has a pretty short snout, I think she just made the cut for being able to wear it on her size of muzzle. She doesn't pull at all with it on when we're walking and when she see's another dog, although she still gets excited she acts like less of an energizer bunny than she used too. I will be recommending this to some friends of mine!
Gabbi S.
Mulliken, MI
My dog is a 3 yr old Husky/Gsd mix, she constantly pulls and has ever since she was a little pup. When she was less than a year old I decided to try this product out to help with her pulling. Although it seemed to be effective with hindering the pulling she absolutely hated the way it felt on her face and constantly would be rubbing her face on my legs or the ground. I eventually ended up switching over to a gently leader harness which has a Martingale hook in the front, it seems to work very similar to this product but in a different approach and dogs not seem to irritate her as much as the halti.
Annie G.
American Fork
Works well for my reaction 75lbs dog. My trainer gave me this halti (with training). There is a learning curve with this tool, but it also has more control than other methods I have used (harness, collar etc). Also more ways to communicate using the device.

This did snap undone once, but I added a rubberband around the slider adjuster to keep it in place. Since then we haven't had any issues other than having to replace the rubber band.

The safety should always be attached. I also have just thrown it in the wash when it gets dirty. I like that he has the ability to open his mouth fairly wide while wearing the halti.
Niki H.
Murray
I absolutely love this product. Before I had these for my dogs walking them really became a chore. Now that I use this I  back to enjoying our daily walks. My two female pits really have stopped pulling which I never thought would happen. And this product isn’t expensive at all. Totally worth your time and money
Emily S.
Colorado Spgs, CO
We love our halti! Unfortunately, our boys is a big guy and pulls extra hard, so we've worn through a few of them but it is by far the best way to walk him. He's a Rottweiler who is 80 pounds of sheer muscle, and he gets walked every day. I think the Halti would have held up better if a) he didn't pull so hard and b) it wasn't under constant strain from everyday use. If your dog is a puller, I'd recommend this to you!
Caila G.
Pet Lover Expert
We got our Haulti at Petco and was a reasonable price. We tried using this product to help train our German Shepherd not to pull during her walks. Unfortunately she hated it and ended up breaking it the first time we put it on her. I was very disappointed because we heard great things! Hopefully it works better for everyone else.
molly r.
Alexandria, VA
Pet Lover Expert
My pup gets nervous around other dogs and as a result can come off aggressive but the Halti has helped so much, He's definitely a puller and this helps control that more too, but mostly works the best for his whining and crazy barking when walking
Tanner J.
Gainesville, FL
Pet Lover Expert
My roommate used this on her pit bull and had great success. Her pit bull was showing signs of aggression towards other dogs and people. This helped to ease those aggressions and now she is a loving pup once again.
Wendy B.
Little Falls, NY
Our Brittany is horrible on a leash. My husband brought a halti home to try and now walking is a breeze. If you think your dog is too pig headed or strong willed you have got to try this. I never thought it would make a difference but our dog no longer pulls us around.
Susan B.
After finding nothing that worked with my 50lb super muscular pup we tried this. I can now walk her and keep her under control without fear of being pulled down. When she pulls it gently pulls her head to the side. If she's super excited she'll hop around a bit, but without tugging at me.
sarah s.
Kamloops, BC
Does anyone have a big dog and use this but your dog keeps trying to go at it and what do you do to stop. Other than a regular correction
Angel C.
I use a harness to walk my dog,he is a 14 pound choodle (chihuahua/poodle) and he is still in training but he's wild on the leash,do others seem to have a hard time with their dog struggling and trying to get out of the head collar?