BY RANDOM HOUSE

Poor Dick and Sally. It's cold and wet and they're stuck in the house with nothing to do . . . until a giant cat in a hat shows up, transforming the dull day into a madcap adventure and almost wrecking the place in the process! Written by Dr. Seuss in 1957 in response to the concern that "pallid primers [with] abnormally courteous, unnaturally clean boys and girls' were leading to growing illiteracy among children, The Cat in the Hat (the first Random House Beginner Book) changed the way our children learn how to read.

Sadie P.
Denver, CO
This was a great, entertaining book that I enjoyed when I was a child. Something I would consider a classic for kids. I know my niece has enjoyed books by this well known author. I plan on getting some for my baby boy as well.
Stephanie M.
Waverly, OH
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I love Dr. Seuss books! They were always a favorite when reading to my kids when they were little. And when teaching them to read they loved reading them! They are both funny and cute! I love that there are movies about the books too! I definitely recommend them!
Gina L.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
One of my favorite Dr. Seuss books! Great to read with children and Dr. Seuss books are great for kids to read when they’re just learning to read. Makes for a great gift for birthdays! Would highly recommend!
BEV A.
Houston
Great book among several of Dr. Seuss book collection. I got the whole collection for my daughter when she was a child and it really helped her read at an early level. She started reading at the age of 3. If you want your child to begin reading quickly, start them reading these wonderful books. THE CAT in the HAT was the first for my daughter. They will enjoy reading. These books are fun.
Lauren N.
I do not read cat in the hat to my child . I don’t like the rhymes ,to me they make zero sense and my son gets very confused. They don’t really teach anything either in they’re stories so I am not a fan
Laura S.
Milwaukee, WI
I love this book so much! It is an absolute classic! I remember reading this as a child and loving it.  I still have the copy that my mother gave to me when I was just beginning to read.  I have also read this to the children at my old job and they absolutely loved it!  This was one of the books that they would constantly reach for.
Kala G.
Dixon springs, TN
Love Dr. Seuss! These stories are so great to read with kids! The whole family can laugh and have a great time reading through these. The story lines are great and their is rhyming in them which help keep your childs attention. I feel Dr.Seuss has several books that should be included in your childs bookshelf or an adults if you like silly adventures :)
Achelois J.
Redford
I Love Dr. Suss Cat in the hat  When i was a little girl i use read all of them. Especially when the cat in the hat talk about the solar system. Or. Green eggs and ham. Which i Really enjoy.   Till this day i still read them.   You must read,  know what , read all of them. Get that inner child going lol
Kayla W.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
Such a cute and funny book! I remember teachers reading this to me when I was growing up. Now that I'm a teacher, I enjoy reading this to my students. Dr. Seuss books are my favorite.
Stephanie M.
New Haven
Such a classic! I have two small girls and my oldest is just learning about rhyming, so Dr. Seuss is the perfect author for us to read at bedtime. The Cat in the Hat is obviously the most famous Seuss book, but I encourage people to explore his other works as they are all equally enjoyable for children of all ages and children at heart.
Reba B.
Elkins, WV
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Is this a good book for 2 year olds?
Tatum P.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Can this still be bought in stores?
Angel S.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
What's your favorite dr Seuss story?
Ruth V.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Where can I buy the whole set for a distance price?
Pamela P.
Mega Parent Expert Level 2
Anyone still have this book from childhood?