The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss

by Random House

#4 in Books

Poor Dick and Sally. It's cold and wet and they're stuck in the house with nothing to do . . . until a giant cat in a hat shows up, transforming the dull day into a madcap adventure and almost wrecking the place in the process! Written by Dr. Seuss in 1957 in response to the concern that "pallid primers [with] abnormally courteous, unnaturally clean boys and girls' were leading to growing illiteracy among children, The Cat in the Hat (the first Random House Beginner Book) changed the way our children learn how to read.

Iss it a good book for kids?
AnnY other good dr suess books?
Están en diferentes idiomas?
Start your review of The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss!
How would you rate this product?
A classic for a reason. The style keeps children entertained but teaches them to use their imagination. I plan on reading it to all my children. I usually go to the library to get my books but this is one I would purchase and keep in my library at all times.
Rome, GA
Classic this book will forever be a time stamp of the gift dr.seuss has given us. Even if someone had never heard of any publication from him it’s almost certain they at lest have heard of this book.
Roswell, GA
It’s an original you need to read it if you haven’t. I really like and I like reading it to my child that way he understands rhymes and I like that it’s appropriate for kids.
College Park, MD
Bookworm Expert Level 2
The Cat in the Hat is the first book that I was able to read by myself when I was 3 and I've been reading ever since. It's a fun little story and Dr. Seuss stuff is classic.
Richmond, TX
Bookworm Expert Level 1
The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss uploaded by Shanna R.
The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss uploaded by Shanna R.
The Cat in the Hat is such a classic book, you can't go wrong with it. I love Dr. Seuss books. It's great at teaching kids to rhyme and is very entertaining. The movie is great too.
A classic loved by young and old alike! It’s a tale that never gets old and it is super fun to read. Each of our kiddos have a copy and the love it! The oldest even reads it to her babies! All the classics are great! This is one of the best!
Everett, WA
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This one Dr. Seuss greatest classic book adults and children love this book. The movies Is hilarious. So if u don’t have the book GET IT!! And if u haven’t seen the movie You Tube it Buy it and get ready for family fun
Tacoma, WA
This book is still one of my all-time favorite kid books my daughter loves it everything rhymes and there’s always a happy ending to all the madness Dr. Seuss is One of the best kid authors of my time
Cumming, GA
Bookworm Expert Level 1
The Cat in the Hat by Dr. Seuss uploaded by Listiani H.
I didn't grow up reading Dr. Seuss books, and I a honestly found a message that didn't resonate with me. The character, the cat doesn't seem to set as fun, nice character for young readers (in my opinion). However, this book has been on the list to read by most teachers and i received it as gift so i let my kids read this.
BATTLE CREEK, MI
Bookworm Expert Level 1
This book is such a cute classic. The rhymes are ever so clever.. (see what I did there?). But that is expected of the author. But the story line is a lot of fun too. I mean how many crazy things can you do with a random cat? I would recommend this book to others.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...