The Cabin in the Woods uploaded by Tammy B.The Cabin in the Woods uploaded by Derricka M.

BY DREW GODDARD

Five friends go to a remote cabin in the woods. Bad things happen. If you think you know this story, think again. From fan favorites Joss Whedon and Drew Goddard comes THE CABIN IN THE WOODS, a mind blowing horror film that turns the genre inside out. Produced by Whedon and directed by Goddard from a script by both, the film stars Kristen Connolly, Chris Hemsworth, Anna Hutchison, Fran Kranz, Jesse Williams, Richard Jenkins and Bradley Whitford.

The Cabin in the Woods
  • "this movie was a joke im a big time horror movie fann but this movie made horror movies look like a joke!!!!!" in 11 reviews
  • "This movie isn't really considered a scary movie to me but I like it it's something different with the different monsters in it " in 7 reviews
  • "this movie while it was a thriller, I thought that parts of it seemed too scifi rather than a horror film." in 5 reviews
  • "Cabin in the woods was pretty decent , plot twists , keeps guessing throughout the movie , but not completely sure if i would watch it again ." in 5 reviews
  • "Great Movie very neat concept, I watch this movie at least once a month with my friends" in 5 reviews
Lizzy W.
As a horror fan, I've seen all of the typical horror movie tropes, sometimes used rather poorly. This was a refreshing take on various horror movie tropes and put to good use. This was the second movie I've seen starring Chris Hemsworth, and he really embraced his role in this.
Tammy B.
HEPHZIBAH, GA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I didn't like this movie at all. Sadly I purchased it before I watched it. So it sits on my movie shelf collecting dust. I love horror movies, but this was a waste of film in my opinion.
Cassandra Z.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
For the life of me, I can't understand why people pick this movie apart. This movie is supposed to be FUN and it is! Deaths are cool, there are multiple monsters/killers running around, and the end is so silly you have to laugh. Love this movie.
Derricka M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
My all time favorite movie. I really enjoyed the twist. I didn't really expect the movie to transpire the way that it did. I watch it almost every other month I enjoy the graphics,and the story plot.
Hannah A.
Canon City, CO
When my friends tried to tell me about this movie I was like majorly confused. And after I watched it I was still confused haha. Dumb movie. But worth it to watch once.
Lindsey C.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This movie is so stupid but so good at the same time. It has the dumbest storyline and like I does scare you a little, like it has jump scares but it's not at all a horror movie. I think I laughed more. I definitely think it's a great movie because it's funny and you want to watch it but by no means is it actually scary. A must watch if you want a mix of genres in a movie.
Hui-Yu Y.
Bellevue, WA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is probably the worst horror film that I ever watched. The beginning was fine, but the second half is just like a joke. Even though I'm usually not scared and enjoy going to haunted houses, I found this movie way too ridiculous and the ending totally sucks... I cannot recommend you watching the first half only, so I recommend you not to watch it :P!
Kayla W.
Villa Rica , GA
I really liked this movie. It's meant to be satirical. It takes all the crazy/out of this world stuff that happens in horror movies and compiles it into one. It's not like a "Scary Movie" satire. It's not a funny movie, but I think it's meant to poke fun at the horror genre. You'll notice similar things that have happened in other movies, but at the same time, it's different from others in the genre.
Plus, if you watch Grey's Anatomy, the guy that plays Jackson Avery is in this movie.
Shannon M.
El Paso, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
If you are expecting a Blockbuster film then you will be super disappointed. If you are looking for a campy, cult classic, then sit back and enjoy. Looking at it from that perspective, the acting was over the top like you would expect. Is it an award winning film? No. Is it a good, campy, film. Yes.
Amber M.
Tuscaloosa, AL
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
To me this wasn't really scary but I really liked it because it is different than anything else I have seen. I really liked the concept but I think they could have delivered it a bit better. There is a lot of dark comedy moments in it and drug use so it's not for everyone but I really enjoyed it.
Bria E.
Columbia, SC
Is this even worth watching??
Sonja H.
Las Vegas, NV
Do you think they will make a second one?
Julia S.
Is this a super scary movie? I'm not into horror films but I can't pass up seeing Chris Hemsworth!
Miranda L.
La Vergne, TN
Can I have this , I love scary movies
Maheen J.
Is this based off of something?