The Breakfast Club uploaded by Shazeda B.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are ...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Thoug...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?18 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Rebecca H.
Unpopular opinion alert. I’m not a fan of this movie. I find it very slow and boring. The storyline seems to coast along the entire film and never gets exciting. Unfortunately, I would not recommend this movie to others.
María M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This one is 90's classic. Not my favorite but it has its good things to appreciate. I adore this soundtrack!
Kortney B.
Hiram, GA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is such a good movie! Such a classic and really good. I would definitely recommend
Jessica P.
Mantachie , MS
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Nothing represents the 80’s like this movie! Great actors and story line. It’s about 5 high school kids that all have Saturday detention for one reason or another. You have the nerd, the jock, the preppie cheerleader, the weird girl, and the bad boy. Pretty much a representation of everyone in high school. You go through the movie seeing their shenanigans of their day and going against their principal. It’s a great movie and if you haven’t seen it, it’s definitely a classic and tribute to a decade.
Malori M.
Vestavia Hls, AL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is a great movie! I’ve loved it since I was a kid. Great acting and very entertaining and humorous
Natalie S.
South Houston, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is a good movie! It’s John Hughes of course he makes interesting and good movies that has a message behind it! His movies from the 80s were popular and good! This is about teenagers in highschool that go to Saturday detention that despise each other and end up hanging out and end up seeing that no matter how different you are you can have something in common and accept that everyone is human at the end of the day! It’s a must watch! It’s more for teens but anyone can watch lol
Amy D.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The breakfast club has been around since I was little and I have grew up watching it if you have a child there's parts where the kids uses dirty words if I'm remembering right
Ashley M.
Amherstview, ON
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is a great classic that brings different high school stereotypes together. It shows you that everyone has their problems and you should bully them because they’re different.
Riah W.
1,894 reviews
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I've watched this movie once and I won't be watching it again. I really disliked this movie. It's just a group of kids in a detention building with no real plot aside from finding out things about all of the characters. Wouldn't really recommend.
Taylor F.
Springville, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This was the first movie by John Hughes I had ever seen after it was free on iTunes years ago. I liked it but I think my favorite is sixteen candles
Dorothy R.
Fort Worth, TX
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Toni C.
Cadyville, NY
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
Krystal D.
Orlando, FL
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Dina A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite character?
Tiffany T.
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?