The Breakfast Club uploaded by Shazeda B.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES #32 in Movies

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are ...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Thoug...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?18 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Danielle R.
Freehold , NJ
This is one of my favorite movies ever! It teaches about peer pressure, making new friends, and putting yourself is someone else's shoes. The acting is excellent. Every teen should go and see this movie as it shows not everyone's life is what it seems.
Emily L.
I could never figure out why this movie was such a well known and loved classic until I watched it again in college. I finally understood and could relate to the story line and characters I finally appreciated the acting. It's just a good nostalgic coming of age story
Chanel Y.
Audubon, IA
This is a great classic movie, although it's not a favorite its pretty good! I love the ending and the song it is also one of my favorite scenes and the only reason I like the movie. The actors were pretty good I would definitely recommend this movie to others
Pink C.
Forever a favorite. I love how they show you even though you hang out with certain people, you can always relate to anyone in some way. It doesn't matter how different our lifestyles are we all have the same goals.
LEAR50245 Maria Fernanda s.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Film of the Year 85 ', based on the story of five teenagers who must spend Saturday in detention in the school library. Each represented one of the various cliches of American high: Claire Standish as "Princess" (Milly Ringwald), Andrew Clark as "the athlete" (Emilio Estevez), Brian Johnson as "the brain" (Anthony Michael Hall ), John Bender as "troublemakers" (Judd Nelson) and Allison Reynolds as "rare" (Ally Sheedy). As the story progresses, each realizes they have things in common. "The breakfast club" is a classic of the genre of teen movies. Hugues gender directorial shine especially in the dialogues, credible and fresh, the naturalness of actors and actresses. It is excellent, recommended.
Chloe Y.
Lanham, MD
One of my favorite movies. It was definitely an eye opener and I wish I saw it as a young adolescent. The acting is phenomenal and it really send a message to never judge a book by it's cover. Also, we my all have more in common that you think.
Kelli Z.
Marlborough, MA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I might be the only person that's kind of "meh" about this movie. It's not bad, but it isn't the kind of movie that I'd watch over and over.
Michaela T.
San Antonio, TX
I'm not sure why this movie wasn't ranked #1!! I loved the backgrounds of each character
Jamie D.
Lexington, KY
I love this movie!! Such a classic, feel good movie. The ending makes me so happy every time
Kla B.
Bardstown, KY
My mom was a die hard Molly Ringwald fan. She introduced me to all of her movies when I was about 13 years old and I fell in love with each one of them and the breakfast club was no different. I love how it put people from so many different social circles together and made it mesh so well. It helped to inspire me to be the person I was in high school, which made me not hang out with any certain clique but instead I was friends with everyone. And the music I still love to this day is featured in this movie and so many other Molly Ringwald movies. This movie is a must in my honest opinnion.
Dorothy R.
Fort Worth, TX
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Toni C.
Cadyville, NY
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
Krystal D.
Conyers, GA
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Dina A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite character?
Tiffany T.
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?