The Breakfast Club
4.80 / 5 based on 413 Reviews
They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.see more...
Top Questions See all 135 Q&A
The Breakfast Club
- "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
- "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
- "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
- "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
- "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
I love this movie, it's one of my favorite movies of all time and every time I watch it it feels like the first. Everyone should see this classic, because it just gives off the essence of John Hughes.
Such. A. Classic! I can't even read this title without wanting to watch it. Such a great cult classic of the 80s.
This movie will always have a special place in my heart. It really shows that all of us are similar in many different ways and to get to know the people around you. I would watch this movie once again.
This movie is such a great 80s classic the humor the drama the growning up stressed it has something for everyone that watches can relate to i grew up watching this movie and i can still watch it a feel there pain laugh and enjoy it the cast had such chemistry u felt like you were really watching kids sitting in detention
My absolute favorite movie. It teaches such great lessons about stereotypes and focusing on aspects of individuals beyond their physical appearance. I think it contains valuable life lessons
One of my all time favorite movies! I like this movie so much a bought myself a copy of it! It may be an oldie but it is definitely a goodie!
This movie is a must! If you have never watched it, you're definitely missing something! The characters, the storyline everything is just on point! You'll pass by a complete range of emotions and you'll want to watch it over and over again!
LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! I wish they made more flicks as good on this time! It also have an amazing soundtrack and costume. Is one of those movies that you need to see at least one on your life
Classic classic classic have to watch at least Once in your life! I would recommend people to watch this classic. My favorite scene was everything
A great classic movie. If you haven't seen this put it on your lost of movies to watch before you die! Great movie.
Q & A
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Who is your favorite character?
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos