The Breakfast Club uploaded by Shazeda B.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are ...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Thoug...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?18 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Hayli Z.
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
An 80s classic! If you haven't seen it before, it is one to watch at least to say you have seen it. Plus if you are a fan of the TV show psych, every lead character from The Breakfast Club (except Emilio Estevez) made an appearance on the show.
Christopher H.
This movie is such a great 80s classic the humor the drama the growning up stressed it has something for everyone that watches can relate to i grew up watching this movie and i can still watch it a feel there pain laugh and enjoy it the cast had such chemistry u felt like you were really watching kids sitting in detention
Irina K.
Brooklyn, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Honestly how can you not like The Breakfast Club. you are one of those right there. You are in the movie so enjoy it and love this classic forever
Jennifer S.
All of John Hughes' films have a special place in my heart, but The Breakfast Club has always been my all-time favorite. Each character is unique in their own way and it's easy to see their individual differences, but I think I loved this movie so much because I could see a little part of myself in each of the characters in some way. And even now, it's still relatable because no matter what, in school people are always going to be divided by different interests and activities, so a lot of the moments in the film still resonate today. The late '80s had a lot of awesome movies but this one is a true classic. It seems like a really simple film (and it is, five kids go to Saturday detention and go home) but at the same time it's so much more than that. I think this is one film that all high schoolers have to see at least once in their life.
Cheyenne M.
Killeen, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Absolutely love this movie so much I watch so many times it has amazing storylines had amazing characters it's a classic and I just enjoy this movie I watch it like all the time with my friends and family and just amazing gift also for like Christmas time or anything really
Jamie D.
Lexington, KY
I love this movie!! Such a classic, feel good movie. The ending makes me so happy every time
Tiffany S.
Middleton, NH
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
A great classic movie. If you haven't seen this put it on your lost of movies to watch before you die! Great movie.
Stella B.
Cleveland, TN
This was a real coming of age movie for me in high school. It's a real powerful movie and hits you more secretly than other impactful movies. There's a lot of good quotes from this movie and a lot to learn. The most classic brat pack movie of them all.
Christie G.
Monroe
One of the best movies of all time! I love watching this movie. I think one of my favorite parts is when they all get stoned and act all crazy, it truly is a funny and inspirational movie!
Michelle L.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I can watch this movie at least once a year. I enjoy the story line and the actors. It"s  a classic 80's movie. The music is also good in this movie. They should do a sequel to this movie or a remake.
Dorothy R.
Fort Worth, TX
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Toni C.
Cadyville, NY
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
Krystal D.
Orlando, FL
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Dina A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite character?
Tiffany T.
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?