The Breakfast Club uploaded by Shazeda B.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES #33 in Movies

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are ...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Thoug...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?18 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Erin P.
London, ON
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I had to watch this movie in highschool and actually enjoyed it when i didnt think i would, couldnt keep my eyes of the screen, which is odd for being at school
Ashley M.
Amherstview, ON
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is a great classic that brings different high school stereotypes together. It shows you that everyone has their problems and you should bully them because they’re different.
karen m.
Franklin
I liked this movie and think it has a really good story line to it. Funny, great music in it and it's a must see.
Cristina G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I was a little girl when the first came out but it was still cool to watch as a teen and I still love it today as an adult. High school drama never ends.
Catherine M.
Falkirk
Great music funny interesting characters. It’s about a bunch of teens who spend their weekend in detention and what they get up to. Set in the 80s so great fashion and music. Funny and quirky dialogue.
Megan G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I mean really, this is the movie of my generation. The soundrack is incredible, the story is incredible, the acting is flawless. Sigh. I love this movie so damn much and I still watch it all the time. It was so poignant, funny, touching and iconic.
Samantha C.
Biloxi, MS
This is my ultimate favorite movie of all time, I have seen many but nothing can ever beat this one.  It is about stereotypes and breaking them.  It will always cover a message this is recent in any society, day, and age.  The characters are all very different and corky in their own way.  This is also one of the first of its kind to be filmed in a one setting location, plus who doesn't love a good 80s movie?!  I would recommend this movie to anyone and everyone, except kids of course.
Megan M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
A true classic that kids today definitely won’t understand. The plot is so heinous and underlying message some truth. The characters are the ultimate representation of reality and are therefore nothing but relatable.
Amy H.
Corning, OH
One of the best cult classics.  This movie will never get old.  There's awesome music, a great cast of actors and the message behind the movie is still relevant today.  The best scene... when they're all chilling in the library and finally figuring each other out.  The question is not "is it a must watch" the question is "does this movie teach us how to get along in today's society?" It makes you think.
zoe d.
another very classic film. it is very original and i can relate to a lot of moments in the film. my favourite scene is when they all get high because it gets funny and very enjoyable. it is a simple film and it is easy to watch. one of my favourite films
Dorothy R.
Fort Worth, TX
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Toni C.
Cadyville, NY
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
Krystal D.
Conyers, GA
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Dina A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite character?
Tiffany T.
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?