The Breakfast Club
4.80 / 5 based on 415 Reviews
They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.see more...
Top Questions See all 135 Q&A
The Breakfast Club
- "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
- "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
- "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
- "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
- "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Not a fan. My friends are all obsessed. Maybe I'm just annoyed of them talking about it? Idk I didn't find it interesting. It was just another movie in my eyes. Not a must watch I can't ever sit through the whole thing...
I really didn't like this movie. I am going to be honest. I know it is a classic but I greatly disliked it.
I personally didn't like the movie, I felt it was very basic and boring. I wish it had a better story line/ plot.
This movie is ranted and raved about. There is a character each viewer can connect to, but I found the movie lacked a certain emotional depth.
I WATCHED THE MOVIE ONE TIME AND I DIDNT FIND IT TO BE ALL THAT GREAT KINDA OF BORING.
A great story through a movie! Made me cry. I suggest every teen should watch this! I love 80s movies
This is a great classic movie, although it's not a favorite its pretty good! I love the ending and the song it is also one of my favorite scenes and the only reason I like the movie. The actors were pretty good I would definitely recommend this movie to others
I might be the only person that's kind of "meh" about this movie. It's not bad, but it isn't the kind of movie that I'd watch over and over.
A classic for sure but not one of my personal favorites. It moved too slow for me and I found myself getting bored a lot. (don't hate me!)
This is a classic movie that will never get old for anyone to watch. Even referenced in current movies such as pitch perfect
Q & A
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Who is your favorite character?
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos