The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES #33 in Movies

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are still pr...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not su...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?17 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
This is a movie I can watch over and over again and it won’t get old. The storyline and characters are amazing along with the acting. They feel so relatable, and you will be feeling the emotions. If you’ve never seen this movie I recommend you do, it’s a must!
Michelle L.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I can watch this movie at least once a year. I enjoy the story line and the actors. It"s  a classic 80's movie. The music is also good in this movie. They should do a sequel to this movie or a remake.
Malori M.
Vestavia Hls, AL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is a great movie! I’ve loved it since I was a kid. Great acting and very entertaining and humorous
Nicole R.
Staten Island, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is my favorite movie ever. It’s truly a coming of age film. Every time I hear “dont you forget about me,” I think of this movie. I love when they all share their stories...an important lesson to not judge others!
Rina B.
Montreal, QC
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The first time I saw this movie I was in high school. I thought it was going to be a complete waste of time but boy was I wrong. It’s my FAVORITE all time movie and I always show this to everyone I know. It teaches you some of the most valuable lessons you could ever learn in high school so I definitely know I’ll even be showing this to my kids.
Gina L.
Stamford, CT
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Classic! Must see. Everyone at any age loves this movie. DO recommend it. Get acting great storyline. Love this movie can watch it over again
Alison D.
Durham, NC
The best film I have watched I never get tired of it and I rewatch it so many times. I love the song at the ending and how it finishes. The actors were great and my favorite scene is when they're running around the school trying not to get caught. I also love how Victorious remade The Breakfast Club in an episode.
Sakinah D.
Dumfries, VA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Although this is an 80’s movie, it is iconic! There are still scenes that find their way on to modern television today! Great start for some minor actors whom became major players.
Nancy L.
Miami
Come on,  This was the best high school film of it time you had every high school kid character from popular girl, goth girl, nerd, jock, and rebel. Best scenes Allison sugar sandwich, Dance in library, claires lipstick, the end with bender fist bump. I still have the VHS.
Katelyn A.
Cult classic for a reason. The dialogue is so clever and quote-worthy. I love John Bender's character. My favourite scene has to be when they are sitting in a circle and talking about why they are in detention. Most of that scene was improvised! This movie never gets old. Great soundtrack, great story.
Dorothy R.
Fort Worth, TX
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Toni C.
Cadyville, NY
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
Krystal D.
Conyers, GA
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Dina A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite character?
Tiffany T.
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?