The Breakfast Club uploaded by Shazeda B.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES #32 in Movies

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are ...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Thoug...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?18 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Tanya d.
Beeville , TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Words cannot describe how much I love this movie! I have it in every version possible. I have the DVD, VHS, Blu-ray, on my iTunes, on my Xbox, and even on my DVR. The message is so true about how people with different backgrounds can come together when they have one goal in common.
Victoria G.
San Antonio, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Great 80's movie with a ton of quotable lines and memorable moments. Definitely brings home the message that no matter who you are you can find SOMETHING about other people around you that you can relate to. One of those movies that'll be in your collection for life, try it.
Christopher L.
Gaston , SC
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
A group of high school chums takes shenanigans to a whole new level, when they construct a bludgeoning weapon out of breakfast meats. They use this "Breakfast Club" to wreak havoc on their schoolmates.
Cheyenne M.
Killeen, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Absolutely love this movie so much I watch so many times it has amazing storylines had amazing characters it's a classic and I just enjoy this movie I watch it like all the time with my friends and family and just amazing gift also for like Christmas time or anything really
Jessie H.
Williamstown, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The Breakfast Club is one of my favorite movies! It seems like it's one of those movies that never gets old. A very relatable movie to watch while in high school and very funny at certain parts. Overall, a great movie and should be watched by every one at least once!
Christie G.
Monroe
One of the best movies of all time! I love watching this movie. I think one of my favorite parts is when they all get stoned and act all crazy, it truly is a funny and inspirational movie!
Jessica M.
Edmonds, WA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This movie is amazing, anything by John Hughes is my chick-flick go-to. I love 80's movies and this is my favorite. It has amazing acting in it and has amazing character development. This movie gets on every level that anyone can relate to and enjoy. CLASSIC
Georgia S.
Huffman, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
One of my and my husband all time favorite. We have watched it so much we can quote it word for word. It may be old but it is a great movie. I wish I could rate it higher than five stars.
Haley L.
I'm not too sure why this movie is such a great classic. It's plot is bland but the jokes are great and the characters are chosen perfectly. It gives you a great laugh. It's a MUST HAVE for everyone. Okay, maybe not the little ones but you know what I mean.
Shawn R.
Dewitt, MI
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The Breakfast Club is a classic high schooler movie that has all of the typical personalities you would except to find. They find themselves in detention and eventually work together against the man. It is a culturally inspiring movie for any early teen.
Dorothy R.
Fort Worth, TX
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Toni C.
Cadyville, NY
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
Krystal D.
Conyers, GA
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Dina A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite character?
Tiffany T.
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?