The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES #71 in Movies

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are still pr...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not su...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?17 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Haley L.
I'm not too sure why this movie is such a great classic. It's plot is bland but the jokes are great and the characters are chosen perfectly. It gives you a great laugh. It's a MUST HAVE for everyone. Okay, maybe not the little ones but you know what I mean.
Georgia S.
Huffman, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
One of my and my husband all time favorite. We have watched it so much we can quote it word for word. It may be old but it is a great movie. I wish I could rate it higher than five stars.
Destiny B.
Reading, PA
One of the top classics. I love watching this with my boyfriend, but you can watch it with just about anymore. There's comedy, and a bit of romance in some areas. I love being able to relate to certain characters aspects throughout the movie. Great watch!
Jamee S.
Bensalem, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I really enjoyed this movie! Going into it, in had no idea what it was about and was skeptical if I would be wasting my time or not, but it was definitely worth the watch! Great movie!
Julia P.
Sheffield Lk, OH
This movie will always have a special place in my heart. It really shows that all of us are similar in many different ways and to get to know the people around you. I would watch this movie once again.
Baylee M.
Wyoming, MI
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I watch this movie probably at least once a month. It's incredibly relevant to me, even 30 years after it was originally released. I can connect with the struggles and feelings of the characters. I feel like this movie is a must see for every young adult.
Cassandra S.
Pittsburgh , PA
This is one of my favorite movies of all time. I really wanted a sequal but oh well. I had only seen it on TV until recently, and had no idea they smoked marijuana until I saw the full length movie. No wonder they were dancing and acting weird. haha
Anna S.
Arlington, VA
I absolutely adore this movie! It's a great coming of age story that really reaches anybody. It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!) and it's got a great soundtrack.
Suzanne B.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
One of the best! I watched this movie while in high school and it became an instant favorite. I still love to watch it 20 years later! It's timeless and I think it's a movie that everyone can relate to no matter if you were the Athlete, the Prom Queen, the Basket case, the Nerd, or the Criminal. If you haven't seen it you're missing out!
Jessica H.
Onalaska, Wi
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Definitely a must see! In my opinion it gives a realistic view of what high school is really like. Its loaded with beautiful insights from five high school students struggling their way through high school. It really is one of the best movies.
Dorothy R.
Fort Worth, TX
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Toni C.
Cadyville, NY
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
Krystal D.
Conyers, GA
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Dina A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite character?
Tiffany T.
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?