The Breakfast Club uploaded by Shazeda B.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES #33 in Movies

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are ...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Thoug...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?18 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Abby F.
Hamilton, GA
I absolutely love this movie. Such a classic. It really meant a lot to me watching it. It's so accurate in its description of how no matter what a person's "social status" may be, they are still dealing with some of the same hardships and struggles as everyone else. Such an honest movie. Would recommend to anyone!
Deanna G.
Canfield, OH
Such a awesome movie. This is a movie that will never get old, it has something that everyone can relate to. So funny and so good. My favorite scene is when the jock just got done smoking and turns into this crazy mad man. I've seriously re watched this scene over and over and over again. its never not funny
Skylar S.
La Crosse, WI
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
One of my all time favorite 80's movie is the Breakfast Club, it is a great storyline and I love when they are trying to escape the teacher all around the school. I also love how close they got by the end of the movie and the Jock got the weird girl and the Preppy Girl with the Burnout a great story so funny.
Pink C.
Forever a favorite. I love how they show you even though you hang out with certain people, you can always relate to anyone in some way. It doesn't matter how different our lifestyles are we all have the same goals.
Leijai H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This movie is great I love old time movies and this by far one of my most favorite movie. i know I'll probably get some hate on this but I am not really a big Molly Ringwald fan but I did love her in this movie
Monique A.
Pico Rivera , CA
Not a fan. My friends are all obsessed. Maybe I'm just annoyed of them talking about it? Idk I didn't find it interesting. It was just another movie in my eyes. Not a must watch I can't ever sit through the whole thing...
Karla B.
Mt Prospect, IL
Great movie my favorite crazy about Judd Nelson the guy who plays john bender just his smile omg anyway you can really learn allot about this movie even if it's from the 80s wisdom comes with age and this movie can teach someone not to judge someone just because they are different from you.
Jennifer S.
Columbus, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
A movie that I could watch over and over again!! One of my all time favorites! I loved sharing it with my daughter. The actors all worked so well together and played their parts so well! Really brings me back to when I was a kid and watched it for the first time with my sister <3
Jessica C.
Booneville, KY
This is a must see movie for all. Everyone can relate to one of the main characters. My favorite part is when they are running around the school trying not to be seen by the principal. A fun movie to watch and a great tale about teens from different cliques coming together.
Tanya d.
Beeville , TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Words cannot describe how much I love this movie! I have it in every version possible. I have the DVD, VHS, Blu-ray, on my iTunes, on my Xbox, and even on my DVR. The message is so true about how people with different backgrounds can come together when they have one goal in common.
Dorothy R.
Fort Worth, TX
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Toni C.
Cadyville, NY
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
Krystal D.
Conyers, GA
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Dina A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite character?
Tiffany T.
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?