The Breakfast Club uploaded by Shazeda B.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are ...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Thoug...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?18 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Norah S.
Absolutely one of my favorite movies from the 80's. The soundtrack has some great music. The actors are good and really show what high school can be like. Think it would be a great movie to watch with your teens on a movie night. Bullying has been in every generation.
Anna A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
A classic film that any teenager or adult should see. Super interesting story lines and actor development. I had to watch it for my psychology class and realized how in deep the film actually is. There is humor, sadness, drama and love which all makes for a great movie.
Brooke P.
Morgantown, WV
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
One of my favorite cult classics. I love the acting, the music, and the scenery. There is not a thing that I do not like about this movie. I cannot count the number of times that I have watched this. If it comes on TV, I tune in! This would be one that I would buy.
tracy b.
Hershey, PA
I think we can all relate to at least one of these characters from high school..... the jock, the snob, the nerd, the outcast, the trouble maker. we all wore labels in school. We were branded as belonging to one of those groups somehow and by someone....and we all had our hidden stories to tell.

We learn that we can't judge a book by its cover through John Hughes in this classic 80's film. he seems to understand the teen like no other director during the 80s. a classic but really it is timeless.
Emily L.
I could never figure out why this movie was such a well known and loved classic until I watched it again in college. I finally understood and could relate to the story line and characters I finally appreciated the acting. It's just a good nostalgic coming of age story
Evelyn R.
Everyone should watch this movie when they are in high school.  It's not bad for anyone who is in high school. Just don't ruin the movie at an early age when the perfect time to watch it is while you are in high school. I would watch it again and again
Chanel Y.
Audubon, IA
This is a great classic movie, although it's not a favorite its pretty good! I love the ending and the song it is also one of my favorite scenes and the only reason I like the movie. The actors were pretty good I would definitely recommend this movie to others
Suzanne P.
Fairfield , OH
I wish there were more stars to give! Best movie of my teen years! Feel good, funny, rebellious movie. Buy it because you won't just watch it once! Favorite scene them running through the halls. This movie is for everyone! Even my 19 yr old son liked it!!!!
Emma T.
Egg Hbr Twp, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Literally an all time classic that is still great to watch today, a group of misfit kids coming together to realize that life is short so have a little fun, great sound track and cast keeps you engaged and interested during the entire movie, two thumbs up
Thais G.
Woodside, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Classicccccccc. This movie is great. You might think why because I mean nothing really happens in the movie. I kid you not. They are just kids in detainsion but the fact that they open up to one another and get to kill stereotypes between them is great
Dorothy R.
Fort Worth, TX
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Toni C.
Cadyville, NY
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
Krystal D.
Orlando, FL
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Dina A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite character?
Tiffany T.
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?