The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES #71 in Movies

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are still pr...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not su...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?17 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Megan K.
Toronto, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Ah reminds me of high school all over again. (Usually in detention for missing a name tag) but then again school always had its different clicks or whatever you want to call them now. Just because people are different there is always something that brings you together. It was a great movie with great actors...
Blu e.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is a good cult classic I have seen it a few times. I think that no matter how much time passes its still relatable. If you're looking for a good 80s movie to watch this would be a good one. It shows high school kids on a Saturday detention and what they do with their time there, its very entertaining.
Melissia D.
Arbuckle , Ca
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This past March was the 30th anniversary of the first meeting of the Breakfast club. I was 5 when this movie came out in theaters and I can remember my cousins taking me to see it because they were baby'sitting and wanted to watch it. I not only still love this movie but have shared the love for it with my teenage daughter (parenting done right lol) and together we can't wait to see the remake of this amamzing movie!
Hyatt A.
This movie is super amazing. It is just one of those classic movies that everyone should see once in their lives. The music is wonderful and will be stuck in your head for the next week, in a good way. It is definitely a must watch. It's just a really good growing up movie. Or nostalgia movie!
Victoria W.
Rayville, LA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
By far this is one of the best all time-favorite movies in its class. It is a legend and cult favorite even today. Even though it was released decades ago you can still relate to the characters and the comedy is still awesome. It's a classic and everyone should watch it at least once!
Shersten S.
I've watched this movie so many times I have lost count. Every time I watch it I get something new out of it, and I continue to love it and find that it holds up. I'd recommend this to anyone who likes movies like Pretty In Pink, Clueless, Heathers, or The Virgin Suicides.
Anna A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
A classic film that any teenager or adult should see. Super interesting story lines and actor development. I had to watch it for my psychology class and realized how in deep the film actually is. There is humor, sadness, drama and love which all makes for a great movie.
Norah S.
Absolutely one of my favorite movies from the 80's. The soundtrack has some great music. The actors are good and really show what high school can be like. Think it would be a great movie to watch with your teens on a movie night. Bullying has been in every generation.
Brooke P.
Morgantown, WV
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
One of my favorite cult classics. I love the acting, the music, and the scenery. There is not a thing that I do not like about this movie. I cannot count the number of times that I have watched this. If it comes on TV, I tune in! This would be one that I would buy.
Emily L.
I could never figure out why this movie was such a well known and loved classic until I watched it again in college. I finally understood and could relate to the story line and characters I finally appreciated the acting. It's just a good nostalgic coming of age story
Dorothy R.
Fort Worth, TX
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Toni C.
Cadyville, NY
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
Krystal D.
Conyers, GA
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Dina A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite character?
Tiffany T.
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?