The Breakfast Club uploaded by Shazeda B.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES #20 in Movies

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are ...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Thoug...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?18 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Brittney S.
Belmont, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I'm so late in the game for this, but I just now finally saw this movie for the first ever. Like I said I'm late. I've been hearing nothing but good things about this movie so I finally watch it and I must say it lived up to everything that I heard. From the moment I started to watch it I was hook. It has be come one of my favorite movies of all times. I love how it talks about real high school drama in real life and how so many can relate to this. This movie hit home with me.
Natalie F.
Kansas City, MO
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
As a 90s kid, I love being able to bond with my parents (who were born in the late 60s) over John Hughes movies, especially this one. Even though it's been several decades since this film was first released, it's still relateable and relevant today. There are also so many quotable lines that I forget about until I watch it again.
Hannah D.
Burlington, VT
The Breakfast Club is my all time favorite movie! I love it because it really resonates with the different parts of people, especially the person you were in high school. I feel like getting to know all the characters individually instead of just on the surface shows you that theres a little bit of each character in all of us.
Mellisa O.
The Breakfast club is one of the best John Hughes movies. He truly understood the teenager mind, that generations of teens can still identify with movies like Breakfast club. Nowadays teen movies make teens seem dumb and don't identify the real issues they go through. I want to thank my mom for influencing me to watch great movies like Breakfast Club. I love the movies storyline , cast, and soundtrack. Even my brothers like this movie.
Breanna B.
Philadelphia, PA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
LOVE LOVE LOVE! This totally depicts what High School is like. We all had different groups of people that always stayed separated. My favorite scene is when they are all sitting around and just telling each other about their lives, that right there is when the movie became personal to every one watching it.
Blu e.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This is a good cult classic I have seen it a few times. I think that no matter how much time passes its still relatable. If you're looking for a good 80s movie to watch this would be a good one. It shows high school kids on a Saturday detention and what they do with their time there, its very entertaining.
Megan K.
Toronto, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Ah reminds me of high school all over again. (Usually in detention for missing a name tag) but then again school always had its different clicks or whatever you want to call them now. Just because people are different there is always something that brings you together. It was a great movie with great actors...
Hyatt A.
This movie is super amazing. It is just one of those classic movies that everyone should see once in their lives. The music is wonderful and will be stuck in your head for the next week, in a good way. It is definitely a must watch. It's just a really good growing up movie. Or nostalgia movie!
Melissia D.
Arbuckle , Ca
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This past March was the 30th anniversary of the first meeting of the Breakfast club. I was 5 when this movie came out in theaters and I can remember my cousins taking me to see it because they were baby'sitting and wanted to watch it. I not only still love this movie but have shared the love for it with my teenage daughter (parenting done right lol) and together we can't wait to see the remake of this amamzing movie!
Victoria W.
Rayville, LA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
By far this is one of the best all time-favorite movies in its class. It is a legend and cult favorite even today. Even though it was released decades ago you can still relate to the characters and the comedy is still awesome. It's a classic and everyone should watch it at least once!
Dorothy R.
Fort Worth, TX
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Toni C.
Cadyville, NY
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
Krystal D.
Conyers, GA
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Dina A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite character?
Tiffany T.
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?