The Breakfast Club uploaded by Shazeda B.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES #33 in Movies

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are ...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Thoug...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?18 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Jamie T.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
A great classic flick about a bunch of kids from all walks of life and backgrounds coming together for detention and realizing that they all have basically the same problems just in different ways. They grow a little together. There is a drug scene in it if you don't like to watch anything with marijuana or if you have kids that will be watching it.
Herlik F.
One of my favorite movies of all time. The perfect 1980's teens portrayal. What I like the most is that is an simple but adorable movie, with an excellent acting, a good soundtrack (especially if you love 80's music), a good story that you can carry on with you all yor life. I absolutely adore it. Never gets old.
Amber K.
The Pas, MB
The Breakfast Club is about five students from different walks of life, who spend a whole day of detention together. In the beginning of the movie, they did not believe they had anything in common with each other, as the movie progressed they discovered that they are all like each other in several ways. They share with each other their lives and in the end, they are no longer strangers who go to the same school, but friends.
valerie m.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I've seen this movie soooo many times. I just love the actors in it. It takes me back to my high school days when most of the guys were bad boys (and we girls liked it) Lol Seriously though this is such a great movie that I definitely would recommend.
Veronica M.
Mississauga , ON
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
My love for this movie is so strong. The storyline is brilliant and the characters leave me speechless every time. Everyone can relate to one of them. When it isn't heart felt, it's funny. It's truly a classic.
Nadine D.
Edmonton , AB
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Remember when you wished your life was a John Hughes film and you of course were Molly (if you were me) when The Breakfast Club came out? Mind you any time I scratch my forehead I envision I am snowing on a sketch lol super great film amazing genre stellar cast
andreanne h.
St. Catharines, ON
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
For some reason it took me until two years ago to see this film. I love it and will watch it over and over. the characters are perfect and I wasn't too sure that I was going to like it. I totally related to the characters
Jalisa L.
Chatham, ON
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Lol I don't even know why I love this movie as much as I do. I just like crazy weird and different types of movies. Great classic and def something you can watch with your girlfriends on a girls night in.
Beth-Ann S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
This is an amazing movie. The characters are very relatable. It really captures what it is like to feel alone in high school. The script is hilarious and heartfelt and the music is memorable.
Emilie B.
Calgary, AB
How could anyone not like The Breakfast Club? This is a must see for everyone, especially teenagers as it deals with problems faced and overcome as a young adult.
Dorothy R.
Fort Worth, TX
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Toni C.
Cadyville, NY
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
Krystal D.
Conyers, GA
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Dina A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite character?
Tiffany T.
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?