The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES #33 in Movies

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are still pr...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not su...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?17 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Tammy L.
Elk Point, AB
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I am a huge John Hughes fan. This is my all time favourite by him. It's a cult classic and if you haven't seen it, then it's definitely your next rental!
Sherri D.
Winnipeg, MB
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Nothing like the cult classic to start off a weekend. It's a great movie and it epitomizes teens like no other movie ever has or likely ever will.
Jennifer M.
Kemptville, Ontario
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Hands down a classic and one of my favorite movies. The casting is perfect, the storyline is relatable for young adults, and it's really inspiring
Anna Sofia E.
Aakirkeby, Bornholm
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I only recently watched this movie and I really liked it! I'm usually not a person who enojys old movies, but this didn't disappoint in any way!
Toni O.
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Absolute favorite movie. This film is such a classic. It's one of those films that I could watch a thousand times and never get tired of.
Jessica P.
Mount Airy, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This is one of the great 80s movies! I've watched it over and over and still enjoy it. Molly Ringwald is very good in the movie also.
Rachel M.
Saint John , NB
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I love the 80's so much. What a fantastic movie and one we can all relate to. John Hughes does it again in another great classic.
Ashley P.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love the 80's brat pack movies, and this is a perfect example of that. It's an old favorite I can watch again and again.
Melissa L.
Toronto , ON
One of the classics! Very smart & reflective how a group of people you think have nothing in common can become friends.
Anna W.
Dorothy R.
Fort Worth, TX
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Toni C.
Cadyville, NY
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
Krystal D.
Conyers, GA
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Dina A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite character?
Tiffany T.
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?