The Breakfast Club uploaded by Shazeda B.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES #33 in Movies

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are ...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Thoug...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?18 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Catherine M.
Falkirk
Great music funny interesting characters. It’s about a bunch of teens who spend their weekend in detention and what they get up to. Set in the 80s so great fashion and music. Funny and quirky dialogue.
Amber H.
Waterloo , Liverpool
I adore John Hughes movies, but I watched this movie at the exact right time in my life. When I was first introduced to the five misfit teenagers in this movie I was about 16 years old myself and the amount I could relate to this was unreal! Ever since then it's had a place in my heart and is my go to PJ day/sick day movie. My insane love of films stems from this film, and the fact that I realised you can watch a movie and actually relate to it and take something away from it, it doesn't have to just be mindless entertainment.
Mariya K.
This is a classic. I absolutely love this movie even if it is from way before my time. It's just so good. It's not about the plot, its about the people and everyone can relate to it somehow. Its fun and light but at the same time it actually has depth and makes you think about things and yourself
Emily M.
Plymouth
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This was one of my mums films that she watched in her day which was then passed down to me. I love the characters in the film and it really realates to what school life is like in most countries. I really like 80's films and it just shows that still today stuff like this happens in schools and its not that uncommon to find yourself in detention for something you shouldnt have been doing. Great film!
Claudia M.
St-Raymond
This movie is a must! If you have never watched it, you're definitely missing something! The characters, the storyline everything is just on point! You'll pass by a complete range of emotions and you'll want to watch it over and over again!
Mercedes M.
Maracaibo
Even if I don't agree with some things from the movie, I accept this is a good way to show the feelings of different teenagers who suffer about similar things and how they use to be judge because their look. They were all (some more than others) looking for theirselves, who they are and why. At the end, the one considered the worst of them had a clearer mind than the others and helped them to see through their thoughts.
Katelyn A.
Cult classic for a reason. The dialogue is so clever and quote-worthy. I love John Bender's character. My favourite scene has to be when they are sitting in a circle and talking about why they are in detention. Most of that scene was improvised! This movie never gets old. Great soundtrack, great story.
Olivia R.
The Breakfast Club is one of my all time favorite movies. The plot and characters are so good! It's about a group of students who all get Saturday detention and even though they are different, they're all similar in a way. Definitely a must-watch.
Anna L.
Stockton, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
It breaks my heart when kids these days say they've only heard of the breakfast club because of pitch perfect. I love Molly Ringwald! I have seen all of her movies so many times, I've lost count. I love all her movies, but this is one of my favorites. This is the original high school teen movie! I highly recommend it for this generation. Because doesn't focus on trying to be popular or trying to get even with someone or focus on sexually energized teens. It's about just a group of kids, who are not from the same groups, but realize they all have more in common than they think. It's about how as a teenager, they're all pretty much just trying to figure things out. Watch it!!
Hailey L.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
None of the characters in this movie are particularly likeable (they all have their own particular defect), yet it remains one of my favourite movies. I guess it's because truly, no one is particularly likeable as a teenager, and despite their different stereotypes, these five come together for one day and form a bond. It's one of those guilty pleasure movies for me, full of drama and comedy and teenage angst. Nothing like a good healthy dose of nostalgia!
Dorothy R.
Fort Worth, TX
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Toni C.
Cadyville, NY
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
Krystal D.
Conyers, GA
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Dina A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite character?
Tiffany T.
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?