The Breakfast Club
4.80 / 5 based on 415 Reviews
They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.see more...
Top Questions See all 135 Q&A
The Breakfast Club
- "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
- "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
- "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
- "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
- "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
A classic! Love 80's movies! Great story line and keeps you laughing! Must see!
This movie is perfect I used to stay up late and watch it when I was little!!
Love this movie and could watch it over and over again! Love the characters!
Such a good movie i watch it every time its on TV i just cant get enough of it
A classic! This came out before i was even born and i still love watching it
It's a a funny movie but it all has a good message and has its serious parts.
I liked this movie and think it has a really good story line to it. Funny, great music in it and it's a must see.
another very classic film. it is very original and i can relate to a lot of moments in the film. my favourite scene is when they all get high because it gets funny and very enjoyable. it is a simple film and it is easy to watch. one of my favourite films
This is a movie I can watch over and over again and it won’t get old. The storyline and characters are amazing along with the acting. They feel so relatable, and you will be feeling the emotions. If you’ve never seen this movie I recommend you do, it’s a must!
The first time I saw this movie I was in high school. I thought it was going to be a complete waste of time but boy was I wrong. It’s my FAVORITE all time movie and I always show this to everyone I know. It teaches you some of the most valuable lessons you could ever learn in high school so I definitely know I’ll even be showing this to my kids.
Q & A
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Who is your favorite character?
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos