The Breakfast Club
4.80 / 5 based on 417 Reviews
They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.see more...
Top Questions See all 136 Q&A
The Breakfast Club
- "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
- "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
- "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
- "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
- "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
This is one of my favorite movies!! love it I can watch it over and over and never get sick of it.
One word: classic. Is movie exemplifies the social ambiguity of the average American high school.
A classic. everyone can love and appreciate this movie. one of those that will always be popular
Great movie, such a classic! definitely worth picking up if you see it on display in the stores.
Always has been one of my favorite movies and still to this day I watch it ! It's such a classic
Another Molly Ringwald movie that reminds me of my child hood and tends to be on TV all the time
Great movie. Who wouldn't wanna drool over Judd Nelson lighting a match between his teeth (; ?
One of the best movies made in the 80s but still is relevant today. Awesome soundtrack as well!
LOVE! I know practically ever word to this movie. It is a classic and I can't get enough of it!
My favorite 80's movie. i could literally watch this everyday and never get bored watching it.
Q & A
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Who is your favorite character?
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos