The Breakfast Club
They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.see more...
Top Questions See all 137 Q&A
The Breakfast Club
- "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
- "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
- "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
- "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
- "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
One of the best classic movies I've seen. So much diversity and a funny movie. Seen it over 100 times!
This is a great movie! I’ve loved it since I was a kid. Great acting and very entertaining and humorous
This is a must see movie. this movie is a classic one that you can watch over and over again. enjoyable
Very much a classic 80's John Hughes movie - not family friendly, but a cool movie if you're an adult.
Greatest movie of all time in my opinion. I don't think you can get through life without watching this
This is one of my all time favorite movies!!! I love the 80s and I could watch this movie over and over
The icon movie of my youth and I was so in love with Judd Nelson. I always had thing for the bad boys
The breakfast club is one of the greatest movies of the 80s!! More than half the movie is improved!
Can't go wrong with a good classic like this. Story and character development cannot be matched.
One of my favorite movies of all time. Such a classic movie. I would recommend everyone to watch it.
Q & A
Which character did you identify with the most?
Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are still prevalent in today's schools? Do kids today even label themselves in schools today? Why or Why not?
Would this be worth buying on blu ray vs dvd?
Do you think this will ever be remade in the future, or is it just too good of a classic?
I've never watched the breakfast club but everybody seems to love it. Is it a must? Is it similar the perks of being a wallflower ?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos