The Breakfast Club
4.80 / 5 based on 413 Reviews
They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.see more...
Top Questions See all 135 Q&A
The Breakfast Club
- "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
- "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
- "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
- "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
- "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
A Cult classic with a great cast. The story is dated and wouldn't work in today's world which is sad.
Can't go wrong with a good classic like this. Story and character development cannot be matched.
A great story through a movie! Made me cry. I suggest every teen should watch this! I love 80s movies
I WATCHED THE MOVIE ONE TIME AND I DIDNT FIND IT TO BE ALL THAT GREAT KINDA OF BORING.
This is one of my favorite movies!! love it I can watch it over and over and never get sick of it.
This is a classic movie that leaves you laughing and for some of us, it reminds us of high school.
One of the 80s classics. Great cast, great music, great movie. I will never get sick of this movie
Always has been one of my favorite movies and still to this day I watch it ! It's such a classic
Great movie, such a classic! definitely worth picking up if you see it on display in the stores.
Another Molly Ringwald movie that reminds me of my child hood and tends to be on TV all the time
Q & A
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Who is your favorite character?
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos