The Breakfast Club uploaded by Shazeda B.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are ...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Thoug...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?18 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Nicole R.
Staten Island, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is my favorite movie ever. It’s truly a coming of age film. Every time I hear “dont you forget about me,” I think of this movie. I love when they all share their stories...an important lesson to not judge others!
Chelsea C.
Churchville, NY
Only one of the most classic movies of the 80s! Perfect soundtrack and clearly captures teens of the decade. Great memorable lines and scenes with iconic actors of the time. It's truly a must-watch!!
Kla B.
Bardstown, KY
My mom was a die hard Molly Ringwald fan. She introduced me to all of her movies when I was about 13 years old and I fell in love with each one of them and the breakfast club was no different. I love how it put people from so many different social circles together and made it mesh so well. It helped to inspire me to be the person I was in high school, which made me not hang out with any certain clique but instead I was friends with everyone. And the music I still love to this day is featured in this movie and so many other Molly Ringwald movies. This movie is a must in my honest opinnion.
Sakinah D.
Dumfries, VA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Although this is an 80’s movie, it is iconic! There are still scenes that find their way on to modern television today! Great start for some minor actors whom became major players.
Jami M.
Loretto, KY
I love this film! It's the BEST old show I have ever watched! I love the part where they are running through the halls away from the principal! They have wonderful actors, and I LOVE the soundtrack! I recommend watching this if you like a wonderful older movie!
Jeri S.
Henderson, NC
Wow, blast from the past. Such a great movie. Teen angst at its finest. The geek, the preppy popular girl, the loner, the weirdo introvert, the jock... all stuck together in a Saturday detention at school. Generally they wouldn't even speak to most of the others, but they get past that with their mutual ill feelings toward the teacher who is stuck baby sitting them on that fine Saturday. I was 16 when this came out. Can't believe it's been that long, lol. I had such a crush (does anyone even use that word anymore?) on Judd Nelson. sigh.
Andrea E.
Newburgh, IN
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
The Brat Pack came together to make what is now revered as a true cult classic. Although the storyline is quite slow for the most part this is not your average teenage angst movie and is a character study that unfolds before your eyes. With all of their flaws, there is not one single unlovable character by the time this movie ends. The Breakfast Club reminds us there is always more than meets the eye.
Stephanie P.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This movie I used to watch all the time when I was a kid. It is one of my favorite movies by far and a total classic. My fav part is when they are dancing in the library I think that is the moment where the whole move just came together. I think every high school student should have to watch this move in order to see how much titles can influence peoples lives.
Brittney S.
Belmont, NC
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I'm so late in the game for this, but I just now finally saw this movie for the first ever. Like I said I'm late. I've been hearing nothing but good things about this movie so I finally watch it and I must say it lived up to everything that I heard. From the moment I started to watch it I was hook. It has be come one of my favorite movies of all times. I love how it talks about real high school drama in real life and how so many can relate to this. This movie hit home with me.
Milagros H.
Long Beach, NY
One of my all time favorite movies. It's classic and timeless. I love that they showed all the different social groups and how they pan out against one another and then showing them working together as if they were the best of friends. I would definitely suggest whoever has not seen this to watch it ASAP. And if you have, don't forget to rewatch.
Dorothy R.
Fort Worth, TX
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Toni C.
Cadyville, NY
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
Krystal D.
Orlando, FL
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Dina A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite character?
Tiffany T.
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?