The Breakfast Club
4.80 / 5 based on 413 Reviews
They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.see more...
Top Questions See all 135 Q&A
The Breakfast Club
- "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
- "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
- "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
- "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
- "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
This is a classic movie, its great. I recommend that every single person see this movie once in their lifetime.
Love this movie. Probably one of my top 3 favorite 80s films. A must see as it is a classic for good reason.
A pure classic that I absolutely adore! This movie is something that you can rewatch and never get tired of.
I really didn't like this movie. I am going to be honest. I know it is a classic but I greatly disliked it.
Classic 80's movie. Love watching this with my friends. We laugh, we sing along, and it's a feel good movie.
Quintessential 80s movie. Still rings true today, if only the wardrobes change. Great soundtrack and story.
Such an amazing movie with a number of lessons and themes. Everyone should watch this movie at least once.
Good movie. Shows the real life of the 90's and how people were. All the different classes of high school.
The Breakfast Club is a wonderful movie with amazing actors. This is a classic that everyone should watch.
Classic movie, I love love the plot! It's such a fun movie that goes by very quickly but you remember it.
Q & A
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Who is your favorite character?
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos