The Breakfast Club
4.80 / 5 based on 413 Reviews
They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.see more...
Top Questions See all 135 Q&A
The Breakfast Club
- "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
- "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
- "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
- "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
- "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
One of my absolute favorite movies and something that reminds me of my childhood. This is definitely a great one.
Love this movie!! I loved it as a kid and now my own kids dig it. They sure don't make them like this anymore.
Great movie! We were actually just talking about this movie at work today. Everyone has to see it at least once
One of my favorite movies of all time. I can never get tired of watching it. honestly, it is such a great movie
I love this movie and can watch it over and over. I went to see it in the theaters for their 30th anniversary.
Classic 80s movie that will make you laugh and make you think. You can't go wrong with a Molly Ringwald movie!
Classic movie! Must watch! I love all the Molly RIngwald movies! It is a great story and has the best actors!
I feel like this is a movie everyone can relate to and learn from. Wish they still made movies like this today.
This is a classic 1980's movie. Its so relatable and so down to earth. I've watched this movie countless times.
If u r a 80s child this is def a classic. A must see. Who doesn't love a bunch of kids goofing of at detention
Q & A
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Who is your favorite character?
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos