The Breakfast Club
4.80 / 5 based on 413 Reviews
They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.see more...
Top Questions See all 135 Q&A
The Breakfast Club
- "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
- "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
- "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
- "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
- "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
A MUST SEE FOR ALL! Every different type of person can get something out of this movie! It's classic and timeless!
Not enough stars to give this movie! All time classic! Great movie. I can watch it over and over it never gets old.
Classic 80's movie! So entertaining. Very funny. I find myself stopping on any channel that is showing this movie!
John Hughes is the voice of my generation. Great characters that anyone can identify with. Classic for the ages.
If you haven't seen this movie you are definitely missing out on one of the classics! One of the best 80s movies.
CLASSIC! I watch it every time it is on TV. A heart warming inspiring movie. Makes you look at people differently.
Favorite high school movie of all time!! I can watch it over and over! My favorite character is Molly Ringwald :)
Such. A. Classic! I can't even read this title without wanting to watch it. Such a great cult classic of the 80s.
I personally didn't like the movie, I felt it was very basic and boring. I wish it had a better story line/ plot.
Best movie of all time hands down. It will never get old. Five stars all day. who doesn't love the breakfast club
Q & A
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?
Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are still prevalent in today's schools? Do kids today even label themselves in schools today? Why or Why not?
Would this be worth buying on blu ray vs dvd?
I've never watched the breakfast club but everybody seems to love it. Is it a must? Is it similar the perks of being a wallflower ?
Do you think this will ever be remade in the future, or is it just too good of a classic?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos