The Breakfast Club
4.80 / 5 based on 411 Reviews
They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.see more...
Top Questions See all 135 Q&A
The Breakfast Club
- "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
- "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
- "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
- "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
- "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Definitely one of my top 3 80s movies! I watch this at least once a year. My sister and I used to watch this constantly.
The Breakfast Club is such a classic! It's a coming of age film portraying the stereotypes of high schoolers in the 80's
A classic that everyone must see. It definitely touches upon an important subject in a way that is easier to understand.
Gotta love John Hughes movies - this is one of the BEST of his classics. Everyone can relate to a character in this film
One of the best movies out there. I love Molly Ringwald. 80's movies are spunky and great. Great movie for a sleepover.
Love this movie! I watch it other day still favorite of mine. It classic movie I can watch over and over and still good
I always watched this growing up. It really has a great message and keeps you wanting to watch it until the very end.
My all time favorite movie ! loved this movie so much joined a theater class that was performing it. I was allison =]
A classic for sure. A great movie that io still watch till this day. If you haven't seen it you must go and watch it.
A classic movie that everyone should watch over and over again! It never gets old and the characters are relate able.
Q & A
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Who is your favorite character?
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos