The Breakfast Club
4.80 / 5 based on 415 Reviews
They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.see more...
Top Questions See all 135 Q&A
The Breakfast Club
- "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
- "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
- "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
- "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
- "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
This movie is such a classic! I loved watching it through high school, since it was so common...even though this was released about 30 years ago.
The most classic coming of age movie. The soundtrack is incredible and sounds great on vinyl. Everyone should watch before they go to high school.
This is a wonderful movie about the struggles of being a teenager, the need to find acceptance and the pressures different peer groups are under.
This movie is ranted and raved about. There is a character each viewer can connect to, but I found the movie lacked a certain emotional depth.
Probably my favorite movie of all time. Very very entertaining to see what kids did when they had a Saturday detention - and their rebellions.
This is a great movie. It's funny, sad, cute, and a great mix. The actors and actresses are all great. I would definitely recommend this movie.
This is such a good movie....you can connect with the characters in this movie so well and the meaning behind it is soo good....just love it!!!
This is such a wonderful and classic movie. I feel like it definitely teaches a lot of life lessons while being a funny and interesting movie.
It's a classic! Honestly, it's just a really fun watch. You get attached to the characters, and they're such a great group of actors together.
This movie is awesome. Probably my all time favorite. It's such a classic movie about the high school experience. Definitely worth watching!
Q & A
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Who is your favorite character?
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos