The Breakfast Club uploaded by Shazeda B.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are ...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Thoug...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?18 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Msbaez25 B.
Brooklyn, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The Brat Pack at its finest.  John Hughes shows the world what High School is all about.  Not since James Dean in  "Rebel Without a Cause" has the teenage life been captured so perfectly.  You have the jock, the princess, the geek, and the misfit.  Detention on a Saturday has never been better.
Claudia C.
Lemon Grove, CA
Yup, I'm gonna give it FIVE STARS!  I love the Breakfast Club!!  Actors are great!  My favorite scene is when the dark eyed chick dumps everything in her purse lol I like that dude that thinks he's tough, when all he needed was a little love.  Must watch film... you'll love it people!
Christopher H.
This movie is such a great 80s classic the humor the drama the growning up stressed it has something for everyone that watches can relate to i grew up watching this movie and i can still watch it a feel there pain laugh and enjoy it the cast had such chemistry u felt like you were really watching kids sitting in detention
Megan M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
A true classic that kids today definitely won’t understand. The plot is so heinous and underlying message some truth. The characters are the ultimate representation of reality and are therefore nothing but relatable.
Andrea M.
Russell, KS
My favorite movie from the 80's. I watched this so much that the tape broke (that was in the days of VCR and rewinding and rewatching. Relateable actors and just good fun! A classic genre film.
Jennifer S.
All of John Hughes' films have a special place in my heart, but The Breakfast Club has always been my all-time favorite. Each character is unique in their own way and it's easy to see their individual differences, but I think I loved this movie so much because I could see a little part of myself in each of the characters in some way. And even now, it's still relatable because no matter what, in school people are always going to be divided by different interests and activities, so a lot of the moments in the film still resonate today. The late '80s had a lot of awesome movies but this one is a true classic. It seems like a really simple film (and it is, five kids go to Saturday detention and go home) but at the same time it's so much more than that. I think this is one film that all high schoolers have to see at least once in their life.
Angelia W.
Decatur, AL
5 +stars. Great movie that bridge the gaps between you and your teen because some things never change. Maybe just the wardrobe and words used to insult each other but cliques in schools never do. My kids loved watching it with me as I relived my youth.
Eileen F.
Aventura, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! I wish they made more flicks as good on this time! It also have an amazing soundtrack and costume. Is one of those movies that you need to see at least one on your life
Val V.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
80s classic. Low budget but huge response to the public eye. One day setting about kids in detention. Everyone has had detention before right? You will respond to the characters and find yourself relating to them. Great movie!
LEAR50245 Maria Fernanda s.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Film of the Year 85 ', based on the story of five teenagers who must spend Saturday in detention in the school library. Each represented one of the various cliches of American high: Claire Standish as "Princess" (Milly Ringwald), Andrew Clark as "the athlete" (Emilio Estevez), Brian Johnson as "the brain" (Anthony Michael Hall ), John Bender as "troublemakers" (Judd Nelson) and Allison Reynolds as "rare" (Ally Sheedy). As the story progresses, each realizes they have things in common. "The breakfast club" is a classic of the genre of teen movies. Hugues gender directorial shine especially in the dialogues, credible and fresh, the naturalness of actors and actresses. It is excellent, recommended.
Dorothy R.
Fort Worth, TX
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Toni C.
Cadyville, NY
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
Krystal D.
Orlando, FL
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Dina A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite character?
Tiffany T.
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?