The Breakfast Club
4.80 / 5 based on 415 Reviews
They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.see more...
Top Questions See all 135 Q&A
The Breakfast Club
- "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
- "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
- "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
- "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
- "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
A classic movie! 1 of the best of the 80's. Love the characters and the story! And "Don't you forget about me" will always remind me of the end of the movie!
Who doesn't love this movie? it really is amazing and is one of the greatest movies. it really is inspiring and sort of captures how high school is in a way.
This John Hughs Film is a classic and so good. If you have not seen it you should. It's a great peek at the 80's with a classic story that is still relevant
Forever one of my favorite cult classic movies. I introduced this movie to many nay sayer friends who weren't into 80's movies-they are now believers ;-)
I remember watching this movie all the time in Spanish class. Not in Spanish or even with Spanish subtitles, but just watching the movie. It was so good!!
Classic movie. Amazing cast. Amazing soundtrack. It's just a classic. It perfectly defines high school stereotypes, and shows how they can come together.
This is an all time classic that I think everyone should watch! I loved this movie and could watch it over and over! Check it out if you haven't already :)
The Breakfast Club is an '80s flick that I absolutely love! Every generation can relate to this film in one aspect or another... definitely a classic!
I was a little girl when the first came out but it was still cool to watch as a teen and I still love it today as an adult. High school drama never ends.
One of my all time favorite movies. A definitely cult classic. If you have not seen this movie, put it on your radar at least to say you have seen it!
Q & A
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Who is your favorite character?
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos