The Breakfast Club uploaded by Shazeda B.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES #23 in Movies

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are ...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Thoug...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?18 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Gracie K.
Vienna, WV
This movie is the perfect combination of funny and touching. I love the story line in this movie and I don't think I've ever met anyone that didn't feel the same way about it.
nicki B.
Classic movie that applies to anyone of any age. i think this movie will never be dated or cheesy. anyone one that has ever been a teenager related to this movie.
Melissa B.
Fife Lake, MI
One of the classics of the 80's. One i never get tired of watching! Could not ask for a better cast back then. Easy to pick a character that you could relate to.
Amanda R.
Love this movie, it has heart, humor and deals with real stuff. Its unique and an 80's classic. I highly recommend just sitting down and watching this movie!
Jacey D.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I was lucky enough to have a mom who introduced me to 80's movies when i was growing up. I think this movie is great! the plot is great, and i love the cast!
Saleen G.
New Lenox, IL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This John Hughs Film is a classic and so good. If you have not seen it you should. It's a great peek at the 80's with a classic story that is still relevant
Sarah T.
Belleville, KS
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
A classic movie! 1 of the best of the 80's. Love the characters and the story! And "Don't you forget about me" will always remind me of the end of the movie!
Natalia M.
The breakfast club is a classic movie. I remember my mom telling me she had watched it, and then I did, and I am sure I will make my kids watch it as well.
Beth C.
What a classic! Everyone should see this movie at least once. The clothes and music may be awesomely outdated, but the lessons and topics are still relevant.
Hope C.
Pensacola, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who doesn't love this movie? it really is amazing and is one of the greatest movies. it really is inspiring and sort of captures how high school is in a way.
Dorothy R.
Fort Worth, TX
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Toni C.
Cadyville, NY
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
Krystal D.
Conyers, GA
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Dina A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite character?
Tiffany T.
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?