The Breakfast Club uploaded by Shazeda B.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES #33 in Movies

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are ...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Thoug...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?18 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Kathryn L.
Conyers, GA
YES! YES! YES! Such a perfect movie! I am in college and it is one of my all time favorite movies. It is a classic and I believe everybody needs to watch it at least once!
Angelique L.
Honolulu , HI
This movie is such a classic, it has made it's self known to many no matter the generation. It's a must have in any collection and a guaranteed stop if it's playing on TV.
Katlyn V.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This movie is definitely something everyone one should see in there lifetime espically ever as teenager. Even though it is an older movie it will always be one of the best
Morgan R.
Classic, classic movie. I love the breakfast club, be your own person and beat the sterotype because they don't matter, you do! And hello, MOLLY! She is an amazing actress!
Lee F.
Wagener, SC
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
The Breakfast Club is a classic and everyone should see it at least once. It's funny and a little sad (won't make you cry though). You'll fall in love with the characters.
Sarah G.
Classic! I love this movie so so so much. It teaches you a lot and makes you realize really important things. I watched it before I started high school and it really showed me the reality of high school. Very awesome movie
Lee D.
I love 80s films and this is one of my favorites! I just love how each of a different clique came out to work their differences out in detention and it is so funny!!
Stephanie G.
A Classic. John Hughes Was A Genius. Like Many Of His Other Movies The Breakfast Club Is Definitely A Movie That Everyone Should Watch At Least Once In Their Life.
Jennifer M.
Troy, MI
This classic film has an amazing story line and is pretty relate-able to real life. They had someone from all social levels in high school; from the popular girl/guy to the nerd and the outcasts. This is a must see!
Marlene C.
The Breakfast Club is a great classic movie. I could watch this movie at least once a year. It is a great way of showing what high school life may have been like.
Dorothy R.
Fort Worth, TX
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Toni C.
Cadyville, NY
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
Krystal D.
Conyers, GA
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Dina A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite character?
Tiffany T.
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?