The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES #33 in Movies

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are still pr...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not su...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?17 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Lee D.
I love 80s films and this is one of my favorites! I just love how each of a different clique came out to work their differences out in detention and it is so funny!!
Stephanie G.
A Classic. John Hughes Was A Genius. Like Many Of His Other Movies The Breakfast Club Is Definitely A Movie That Everyone Should Watch At Least Once In Their Life.
Marlene C.
The Breakfast Club is a great classic movie. I could watch this movie at least once a year. It is a great way of showing what high school life may have been like.
Jennifer M.
Troy, MI
This classic film has an amazing story line and is pretty relate-able to real life. They had someone from all social levels in high school; from the popular girl/guy to the nerd and the outcasts. This is a must see!
Marta G.
Many people told me to watch this this and I finally did,I honestly didn't like it too much. It wasn't interesting to me, I mean great story line but a bit boring
Ashley M.
Columbia, MD
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I love all the 80's classic this by far one of my favorite movies of all time. One of my favorite songs in this film and the story between these kids really hits home because it's very relate-able. A must watch.
Vera S.
San Mateo, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Modern classic that everyone needs to watch ! a light watch that goes along with any movie night
it's sort of like how you always THOUGHT high school would be like
Dymon K.
Las Vegas, NV
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
My all time favorite movie. I could never get tired of watching this movie. The characters, and the acting was AMAZING. I wish they would've continued the story.
Amy M.
Bossier city, La
Who knew a movie about 5 high school students from all different walks of life, sharing detention could be so interesting and fun to watch!? Perfect cast, funny and heart warming. A must watch that never gets old.
Samantha H.
This is such a great classic moving about high school and the stresses of growing up. It's beautifully written and I would recommend that anyone who hasn't seen it should definitely put it on their list to watch.
Dorothy R.
Fort Worth, TX
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Toni C.
Cadyville, NY
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
Krystal D.
Conyers, GA
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Dina A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite character?
Tiffany T.
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?