The Breakfast Club uploaded by Shazeda B.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are ...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Thoug...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?18 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
KT C.
Glenarden, MD
A cult classic! I love this movie and can watch it over and over, it will never get old to me. I recommend this movie to anyone, it's that good. Plus, it features Molly Ringwald in her prime!
Monica R.
Live Oak, FL
The Breakfast Club is one of my favorite movies, and I watch it whenever I see it come on. I unfortunately don't have the movie on DVD, but I should and I'm kind of ashamed that I don't. It's that good! Then again, what more would you expect from a classic?
Jodi S.
Manalapan, NJ
Another great John Hughes movie. I still to this day love watching this movie. It still is revelant to this day. In every high school there is a cast of the characters just like the movies.
Jasmin S.
Sacramento, CA
I love this movie, it is so sweet, rebellious, and pretty much sums up all my teenage thoughts into one DVD. This is a classic and will continue to tell the truth about what it means to grow up and reveals that we all come from different backgrounds.
karla s.
Grimsley, TN
I have to say everyone needs to watch this movie. I loved this movie even when I watched it a long time ago when it came out on HBO. It is a great movie. One of my favorite 80's movie
Terry S.
La Plata, MD
I am 51 years old and I can relate to every character in this movie - and I'm probably the only 51 year old woman who has two promentantly framed posters as the art work in my bed room
Morgan W.
Springfield, IL
An absolute classic and must see for basically anyone about to enter high school. My mom and I always shared a great love for Hughes movies and this is one of my top five for sure.
Natalie A.
Sevierville, TN
This is a movie that I would watch over and over again. Bender happens to be the best character ever, I love him and Claire even though we never find out if they end up together.
Maegan B.
Clarksville , TN
One of my favorite movies. There was such a great storyline that was very relatable. I've watched this movie multiple times and would definitely recommend to watch this movie .
Lauren B.
Staten Island, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This movie is the 80s! I think everyone can relate to someone in this movie, and see a little bit of themselves in each character. The soundtrack to this movie is amazing as well.
Dorothy R.
Fort Worth, TX
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Toni C.
Cadyville, NY
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
Krystal D.
Orlando, FL
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Dina A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite character?
Tiffany T.
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?