The Breakfast Club uploaded by Shazeda B.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES #33 in Movies

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are ...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Thoug...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?18 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Lindsay H.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I cannot get enough of this movie! I love, love love it! I live off this movie every single year through high school. I've watched it about a trillion times and can recite it. I love 80's movies but this one tops them all.
Jessica C.
Mission, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Great move and one of my favorites growing up. I actually got my husband to watch it and low and behold I have caught him watching it by himself....This movie takes me way back and reminds me of some of the things I've done.
Samantha P.
St Petersburg, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
One of my all time favorites! Such a classic! It's still one of the funniest movies and I have watched it so many times I can re site all the lines with the actors.
Abby P.
Youngstown, OH
I could never get sick of watching this movie. It's such a classic and a movie that should be watched by every teen! It really teaches you a lot about high school and how to accept everyone for who they are. Great film!
Alisha W.
Anniston, AL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Every 80s kid ever knows this movie, most of us have it memorized. I have probably seen this movie 1000 times. Every generation has their angsty teen anthem movie, and this was definitely the biggest one of the 80s.
Felicia c.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is just a staple movie. It's relatable to everyone who has ever felt alone or the outcast or has been in a high school! The soundtrack is probably almost better then the movie itself! You need to watch this movie!
Rebecca P.
My favorite era is the 80s, and it is because of movies like this. Great movie, great story line, and great classic ending! We are actually thinking about being The Criminal and The Princess for Halloween this year!
Ashlee P.
Fontana, CA
One of the best and must watch classics of all time! I'm so glad my mom had me grow up with 80's movies. This is one has to be one of my all time favorites. Its one that all kids have to watch before going to high school.
Hilary L.
Clarksville, TN
I know it is pointless for me to review this film because I think it is common knowledge that this is just a classically great film. Not just a great film that can really make you think, but fun to watch as well.
Lauren M.
My absolute favorite movie. It teaches such great lessons about stereotypes and focusing on aspects of individuals beyond their physical appearance. I think it contains valuable life lessons
Dorothy R.
Fort Worth, TX
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Toni C.
Cadyville, NY
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
Krystal D.
Conyers, GA
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Dina A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite character?
Tiffany T.
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?