The Breakfast Club uploaded by Shazeda B.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES #19 in Movies

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are ...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Thoug...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?18 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Heather A.
Estero, FL
Absolutely the quintessential high school movie. The Breakfast Club transcends generations and speaks to anyone that's ever been a high school student. A classic that will withstand the test of time. If you haven't seen it, you need to!
Aminta G.
Riverside, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I had never watched it until recently. I heard a lot of hype about it. I felt it took off slow, but it gradually got interesting. It definitely is a classic from the 80's that I think everyone should watch at least once in their lifetime.
Jessa C.
Madison, WI
I first watched this with my dad and I loved it! I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try.
Victoria K.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Definitely conveys significant concepts about the education system, the different backgrounds we all come from, and that life does not have to be embraced due to status and such. Slightly cheesy, but the actors embrace their roles well.
Venita M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
This is a must see if you are into 80s movies. Each student represented a type of teen group. They learn about each other and the barrier between their group blur a little. I personally like Emilio and Ally characters getting together.
Stephanie G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Such an awesome movie! I recently watched it for the first time (I know, waaaay behind!) and I loved it. It's such a great story. It just shows how much people can have in common but never know it because of stupid cliques in school.
Marcie K.
N Ridgeville, OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Fantastic soundtrack, but a little over rated. I'd say it's a must see except that what ever wanna-be-indie-teenager is saying. Got a little too mainstream for me, but the soundtrack really is incredible as well as the acting.
Kyra W.
Smithville, TN
The first time i watched this movie I was very young and for some reason I liked it. When i got older I watched it again and it was HILARIOUS. A lot of people say this movie is about nothing but it is about everything really.
Rebecca L.
Sapulpa, OK
The breakfast club is a classic and is indeed my favorite movie!! I love this movie so much. Nomatter how many times i have seen it i still laugh really hard! Everyone should see it, this is one of the best movies ever made!
Lori-Ann T.
Woodhaven , NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Classic movie that everyone must see! While the plot is not extraordinary by today's standards, it shows how relationships between high school students from different cliques can be changed. And that is still applicable today.
Dorothy R.
Fort Worth, TX
I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not sure I'd let my young teens watch it now... What's an appropriate age for today's kids to view this movie?
Toni C.
Cadyville, NY
Do you think this movie could be remade using today's crop of Brat Packers?
Krystal D.
Conyers, GA
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Dina A.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite character?
Tiffany T.
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?