The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES #33 in Movies

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are still pr...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Though not su...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?17 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Michelle L.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I can watch this movie at least once a year. I enjoy the story line and the actors. It"s  a classic 80's movie. The music is also good in this movie. They should do a sequel to this movie or a remake.
Nicole R.
Staten Island, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is my favorite movie ever. It’s truly a coming of age film. Every time I hear “dont you forget about me,” I think of this movie. I love when they all share their stories...an important lesson to not judge others!
Ashlie H.
Salem, IL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love The Breakfast Club. Its one of my fave movies to watch when its on TV. I love the music and the characters. My favorite scene was when they were all dancing in the library. Like back then, when I was in high school, and high school now there will always be "those" cliques that everyone belongs to. I loved how each character expressed themselves throughout the whole movie.
Christen F.
Manalapan, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I would consider this movie a classic.  It has some pretty well known stars in it (they were not so well known back then).  The Breakfast Club is a bunch of kids who get detention on a Saturday.  They are all from different clicks in their high school.  They all have something different about them however they make it work.  A real fun movie to watch.
Sadie E.
One of the classics! The Breakfast Club, to me, will never get old. The five most classic characters of all, and somehow in each character you can relate to each specific one. This is definitely a movie for a young adult to watch, especially if they aren't quite sure of who they are. I adore this movie, and it continues to make me laugh out loud. Eat my shorts!
Alison D.
Durham, NC
The best film I have watched I never get tired of it and I rewatch it so many times. I love the song at the ending and how it finishes. The actors were great and my favorite scene is when they're running around the school trying not to get caught. I also love how Victorious remade The Breakfast Club in an episode.
Skylar S.
La Crosse, WI
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
One of my all time favorite 80's movie is the Breakfast Club, it is a great storyline and I love when they are trying to escape the teacher all around the school. I also love how close they got by the end of the movie and the Jock got the weird girl and the Preppy Girl with the Burnout a great story so funny.
Claudia C.
Palm Springs , CA
Yup, I'm gonna give it FIVE STARS!  I love the Breakfast Club!!  Actors are great!  My favorite scene is when the dark eyed chick dumps everything in her purse lol I like that dude that thinks he's tough, when all he needed was a little love.  Must watch film... you'll love it people!
Christopher H.
This movie is such a great 80s classic the humor the drama the growning up stressed it has something for everyone that watches can relate to i grew up watching this movie and i can still watch it a feel there pain laugh and enjoy it the cast had such chemistry u felt like you were really watching kids sitting in detention
Nancy L.
Miami
Come on,  This was the best high school film of it time you had every high school kid character from popular girl, goth girl, nerd, jock, and rebel. Best scenes Allison sugar sandwich, Dance in library, claires lipstick, the end with bender fist bump. I still have the VHS.
Maria G.
Which character did you identify with the most?
Zenmaster169 ..
Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are still prevalent in today's schools? Do kids today even label themselves in schools today? Why or Why not?
Hallie M.
Elizabethtown, PA
Would this be worth buying on blu ray vs dvd?
Judith U.
I've never watched the breakfast club but everybody seems to love it. Is it a must? Is it similar the perks of being a wallflower ?
McCall V.
Birmingham, AL
Do you think this will ever be remade in the future, or is it just too good of a classic?