The Breakfast Club uploaded by Shazeda B.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are ...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Thoug...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?18 Answers
The Breakfast Club
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Samantha C.
Dover, DE
This is my ultimate favorite movie of all time, I have seen many but nothing can ever beat this one.  It is about stereotypes and breaking them.  It will always cover a message this is recent in any society, day, and age.  The characters are all very different and corky in their own way.  This is also one of the first of its kind to be filmed in a one setting location, plus who doesn't love a good 80s movie?!  I would recommend this movie to anyone and everyone, except kids of course.
Esha Z.
Lorton, VA
Good movie, great soundtrack, and still a classic seen today. I love that there's so many different personalities all in one room and most of the movie takes place in the library! I like that by the end they're all friends even though they're so different and throughout the movie they have some really deep conversations about roles and images people hold for them and I really enjoy this movie.
Amy H.
Corning, OH
One of the best cult classics.  This movie will never get old.  There's awesome music, a great cast of actors and the message behind the movie is still relevant today.  The best scene... when they're all chilling in the library and finally figuring each other out.  The question is not "is it a must watch" the question is "does this movie teach us how to get along in today's society?" It makes you think.
Becky S.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is a classic 1980's Coming of age film that most everyone has seen or at least heard of and probably quoted without realizing it. There are comedic tones, serious scenes and these highschool students deal with sensitive subjects like family violence, neglect, drug use and more. There are positive outcomes as they learn to work together but the end leaves us with questions to apply to our own lives.
Megan G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I mean really, this is the movie of my generation. The soundrack is incredible, the story is incredible, the acting is flawless. Sigh. I love this movie so damn much and I still watch it all the time. It was so poignant, funny, touching and iconic.
Michelle L.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I can watch this movie at least once a year. I enjoy the story line and the actors. It"s  a classic 80's movie. The music is also good in this movie. They should do a sequel to this movie or a remake.
Ashlie H.
Salem, IL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love The Breakfast Club. Its one of my fave movies to watch when its on TV. I love the music and the characters. My favorite scene was when they were all dancing in the library. Like back then, when I was in high school, and high school now there will always be "those" cliques that everyone belongs to. I loved how each character expressed themselves throughout the whole movie.
Christen F.
Manalapan, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I would consider this movie a classic.  It has some pretty well known stars in it (they were not so well known back then).  The Breakfast Club is a bunch of kids who get detention on a Saturday.  They are all from different clicks in their high school.  They all have something different about them however they make it work.  A real fun movie to watch.
Sadie E.
One of the classics! The Breakfast Club, to me, will never get old. The five most classic characters of all, and somehow in each character you can relate to each specific one. This is definitely a movie for a young adult to watch, especially if they aren't quite sure of who they are. I adore this movie, and it continues to make me laugh out loud. Eat my shorts!
Alison D.
Durham, NC
The best film I have watched I never get tired of it and I rewatch it so many times. I love the song at the ending and how it finishes. The actors were great and my favorite scene is when they're running around the school trying not to get caught. I also love how Victorious remade The Breakfast Club in an episode.
Maria G.
Which character did you identify with the most?
Brenda R.
Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are still prevalent in today's schools? Do kids today even label themselves in schools today? Why or Why not?
Hallie M.
Bainbridge, PA
Would this be worth buying on blu ray vs dvd?
McCall V.
Nashville, TN
Do you think this will ever be remade in the future, or is it just too good of a classic?
Judith U.
I've never watched the breakfast club but everybody seems to love it. Is it a must? Is it similar the perks of being a wallflower ?