The Breakfast Club uploaded by Shazeda B.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Alejandra G.The Breakfast Club uploaded by Leijai H.

BY JOHN HUGHES

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

• Do you think the "labels" jock, nerd, princess, etc. are ...9 Answers
  • I remember watching this as a young teen. Loved it! Thoug...21 Answers
  • What is your favorite part of this movie?18 Answers
The Breakfast Club

Start your review of The Breakfast Club!

How would you rate this product?
Did you forget to choose a rating for your review?
  • "It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)" in 28 reviews
  • "I have seen it well over about 60 times and I can narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! " in 16 reviews
  • "I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies." in 16 reviews
  • "This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lol" in 14 reviews
  • "I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. " in 13 reviews
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I mean really, this is the movie of my generation. The soundrack is incredible, the story is incredible, the acting is flawless. Sigh. I love this movie so damn much and I still watch it all the time. It was so poignant, funny, touching and iconic.
Mantachie, MS
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Nothing represents the 80’s like this movie! Great actors and story line. It’s about 5 high school kids that all have Saturday detention for one reason or another. You have the nerd, the jock, the preppie cheerleader, the weird girl, and the bad boy. Pretty much a representation of everyone in high school. You go through the movie seeing their shenanigans of their day and going against their principal. It’s a great movie and if you haven’t seen it, it’s definitely a classic and tribute to a decade.
Central City, IL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love The Breakfast Club. Its one of my fave movies to watch when its on TV. I love the music and the characters. My favorite scene was when they were all dancing in the library. Like back then, when I was in high school, and high school now there will always be "those" cliques that everyone belongs to. I loved how each character expressed themselves throughout the whole movie.
Dover, DE
This is my ultimate favorite movie of all time, I have seen many but nothing can ever beat this one.  It is about stereotypes and breaking them.  It will always cover a message this is recent in any society, day, and age.  The characters are all very different and corky in their own way.  This is also one of the first of its kind to be filmed in a one setting location, plus who doesn't love a good 80s movie?!  I would recommend this movie to anyone and everyone, except kids of course.
South Houston, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This is a good movie! It’s John Hughes of course he makes interesting and good movies that has a message behind it! His movies from the 80s were popular and good! This is about teenagers in highschool that go to Saturday detention that despise each other and end up hanging out and end up seeing that no matter how different you are you can have something in common and accept that everyone is human at the end of the day! It’s a must watch! It’s more for teens but anyone can watch lol
Manalapan, NJ
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I would consider this movie a classic.  It has some pretty well known stars in it (they were not so well known back then).  The Breakfast Club is a bunch of kids who get detention on a Saturday.  They are all from different clicks in their high school.  They all have something different about them however they make it work.  A real fun movie to watch.
One of the classics! The Breakfast Club, to me, will never get old. The five most classic characters of all, and somehow in each character you can relate to each specific one. This is definitely a movie for a young adult to watch, especially if they aren't quite sure of who they are. I adore this movie, and it continues to make me laugh out loud. Eat my shorts!
Durham, NC
The best film I have watched I never get tired of it and I rewatch it so many times. I love the song at the ending and how it finishes. The actors were great and my favorite scene is when they're running around the school trying not to get caught. I also love how Victorious remade The Breakfast Club in an episode.
This movie is such a great 80s classic the humor the drama the growning up stressed it has something for everyone that watches can relate to i grew up watching this movie and i can still watch it a feel there pain laugh and enjoy it the cast had such chemistry u felt like you were really watching kids sitting in detention
Lemon Grove, CA
Yup, I'm gonna give it FIVE STARS!  I love the Breakfast Club!!  Actors are great!  My favorite scene is when the dark eyed chick dumps everything in her purse lol I like that dude that thinks he's tough, when all he needed was a little love.  Must watch film... you'll love it people!
Orlando, FL
What is your favorite part of this movie?
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Who is your favorite character?
Wonder if this would be a hit if they remade now?

The Breakfast Club

If you have an existing Rakuten account, make sure to enter your Rakuten email