The Breakfast Club

by John Hughes

They were five students with nothing in common, faced with spending a Saturday detention together in their high school library. At 7 a.m., they had nothing to say, but by 4 p.m. they had bared their souls to each other and become good friends. John Hughes, creator of the critically acclaimed Sixteen Candles, wrote, directed and produced this hilarious and often touching comedy starring Emilio Estevez, Anthony Michael Hall, Judd Nelson, Molly Ringwald and Ally Sheedy. To the outside world they were simply the Jock, the Brain, the Criminal, the Princess and the Kook, but to each other, they would always be The Breakfast Club.

Who would you say is your favourite character in this movie is? And why?
Which character in this movie can you relate to?
Did you like the Play of the Breakfast Club?
Start your review of The Breakfast Club!
Product Highlights
It's not exactly the most diverse of casts, but it brings back memories for me of my high school (they look so similar!!)in reviews
...narriate every word and every scene perfect.It will always be one of my favorite movies.So go out and explore the movie that is the breakfast club and all its 80s glory! in reviews
I really like this movie ... haven't seen it in a while but it feels like one of those all time feel-good classic movies.in reviews
This movie never gets old In fact I dont think it ever will I can watch it over and over its a old movie but it still gets played lolin reviews
I watch it all the time now it's such a great movie and it just proves anyone can get along and be friends if you just try. in reviews
Arcata, CA
This is my favorite iconic movie. If you have never seen it before, you must! You won't regret it. The script and acting are wonderful!
Burlington, VT
The Breakfast Club is my all time favorite movie! I love it because it really resonates with the different parts of people, especially the person you were in high school. I feel like getting to know all the characters individually instead of just on the surface shows you that theres a little bit of each character in all of us.
Bristol, CT
If u r a 80s child this is def a classic. A must see. Who doesn't love a bunch of kids goofing of at detention
Hinckley, OH
This movie is one of the best classics of all time. I love the story line of it and I love the part when they all sit in a circle and talk about how weird they all are. Such a great movie from the 80's
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
Film of the Year 85 ', based on the story of five teenagers who must spend Saturday in detention in the school library. Each represented one of the various cliches of American high: Claire Standish as "Princess" (Milly Ringwald), Andrew Clark as "the athlete" (Emilio Estevez), Brian Johnson as "the brain" (Anthony Michael Hall ), John Bender as "troublemakers" (Judd Nelson) and Allison Reynolds as "rare" (Ally Sheedy). As the story progresses, each realizes they have things in common. "The breakfast club" is a classic of the genre of teen movies. Hugues gender directorial shine especially in the dialogues, credible and fresh, the naturalness of actors and actresses. It is excellent, recommended.
All of John Hughes' films have a special place in my heart, but The Breakfast Club has always been my all-time favorite. Each character is unique in their own way and it's easy to see their individual differences, but I think I loved this movie so much because I could see a little part of myself in each of the characters in some way. And even now, it's still relatable because no matter what, in school people are always going to be divided by different interests and activities, so a lot of the moments in the film still resonate today. The late '80s had a lot of awesome movies but this one is a true classic. It seems like a really simple film (and it is, five kids go to Saturday detention and go home) but at the same time it's so much more than that. I think this is one film that all high schoolers have to see at least once in their life.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
The Breakfast Club uploaded by Jetzii O.
This is a true classic.<3 The cast is great and the story is timeless. I would recommend this to anyone who hasn't seen this glorious piece of cinema.<3
Glendale, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
1,106 reviews
I know this movie is an all time favorite for many people but I really don't get what all the hype is about. I might've missed it or something (I've only seen it once), but to me there was nothing that excited me about the movie. It was just eh.
Athens, AL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Nothing represents the 80’s like this movie! Great actors and story line. It’s about 5 high school kids that all have Saturday detention for one reason or another. You have the nerd, the jock, the preppie cheerleader, the weird girl, and the bad boy. Pretty much a representation of everyone in high school. You go through the movie seeing their shenanigans of their day and going against their principal. It’s a great movie and if you haven’t seen it, it’s definitely a classic and tribute to a decade.
Centralia, IL
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
I love The Breakfast Club. Its one of my fave movies to watch when its on TV. I love the music and the characters. My favorite scene was when they were all dancing in the library. Like back then, when I was in high school, and high school now there will always be "those" cliques that everyone belongs to. I loved how each character expressed themselves throughout the whole movie.
Ask a question to the Influenster community...