The Botanist Islay Gin

by The Botanist

#20 in Gin

For this, "The Botanist", small-batch, artisanal Islay gin we use nine of the classic gin aromatics - orris root, cassia bark, coriander seed, etc - and augment these with a heady harvest of 22 wild, native island botanicals, hand-picked by our expert foraging team from the windswept hills, peat bogs and atlantic shores of this Hebridean island of Islay.

The Botanist Islay Gin what are the ingredients in this Gin?
Has anyone tried this gin? I am a gin drinker and would like to know if it is any good? And where would I get it from?
Is this smooth? No harsh after burn?
Start your review of The Botanist Islay Gin!
How would you rate this product?
Silvia B.
La Mesa, CA
The Botanist Islay Gin uploaded by Silvia B.
The Botanist Islay Gin uploaded by Silvia B.
This isn’t your average gin as this juniper, lemon and orange zest Gin offers a refreshing citrus taste mingling with meadowsweet and woodruff. You have the lovely juniper riding forward with citrus followed by a sweetness that coats the palette. Enjoy it neat or on ice. I love creating an orange Martini with this blend! #happyhour #comfortfood #weeknightmeal #holidaycheers
Emily W.
Atlanta, GA
Botanist is a great gin! Very smooth with great botanic hints and goes great in more complex cocktails or in a simple gin and tonic. Highly recommend adding and keeping Botanist gin on your bar rotation. I found this gin at my local liquor store.
Lais E.
New York
My favorite gin! Specially good for sunny days by the pool. Great with just tonic water and a bit of lime juice.
Jen F.
Saint Cloud, FL
Best Gin by far! I tired this on vacation once and never bought another brand since. My guests always low it also.
Melanie W.
The Botanist Islay Gin uploaded by Melanie W.
Absolutely love The botanist Islay Gin! Besides my love of Scottish gin this gin is my go to for a classic G&T or perfect with some Italian lemonade and mint!
Linda L.
Leander, TX
This and Austin Reserve(a local gin, amazing if you are in the Austin, Tex area you must try it you can get it at specs) are my favorite find. The botanicals in the Bostonian are so good this is Berger for a gin gin or a gin and tonic!!
Catherine S.
Fort Wayne, IN
So smooth. This gin deserves to be served over nice ice or with really good tonic. I'm a fan of this with fever tree tonic water and a squeeze of lime.
Kalisha E.
I used to be a brand ambassador for this gin. I love the packaging/presentation of the product. The smell is heavenly in my opinion. I give it 4/5 because it is a little too strong for my taste. I prefer to mix instead of drinking it on the rocks.
George R.
Norwalk, CT
This is hands-down my favorite Gin. It goes easy on the juniper and heavier on the citrus and florals. It makes the best martini you will every have. Don’t skimp on the vermouth though, it goes well together. Garnish with a lemon twist, and the citrus oils will pull everything together.
Anne F.
Denver
My favorite gin: smooth, herbal taste that is a great complement to any mixed drink or perfectly nice on the rocks. Not only is the taste great, but the bottle is beautiful and looks nice on the shelf.